EPIPHANY! A New Take on the Major Arcana

rwcarter

dangerdork said:
I laid out my Mythic (for which I've lost the book). It came out a little differently than you described, and I think the cards were in their original order. SO annoying that they're not annotated with a number or a traditional Majors name or the god's name or anything. But that one dude HAD to be Prometheus, whom I didn't see on your list. This is the only example I've looked at with a "re-ordered," or to be PC, "differently-ordered" (or to be deck from the TdM or RWS decks that I've seen, and the Seven Stations / Three Paths perspective seems not to be holding up. Which tells us... that this array IS somehow correlated to the Golden Dawn system(s)? or that it's just a coincidence that breaks down when you put the Majors back in their "real" order?
K. The weekend got away from me. I didn't have a chance to play with the Seven Stations, although I did massage the dangerdorkdoc so that it's now 37 pages instead of 43. Now I'm going to HAVE to find time tonight (otherwise I won't have time til Friday) to lay out the Mythic Tarot and see what I can see.

From what I remember, Prometheus is the Hanged Man, if that's the card you're talking about.

BTW, dangerdork, I have an extra copy of the book if you want it.

Rodney

fyreflye

rwcarter said:
Believe me, I'm far from a Microsoft groupie (my heart belongs to Apple, but my soul belongs to Microsoft and Dell })). Anyone who doesn't have Word can still download a free Word Reader from the Evil Empire that will allow them to open and print Word docs without being able to edit them.

Rodney

Thanks for your good intentions, but not only my heart but my OS belongs to Apple and Micro$oft does not offer a Word Viewer for Macintosh.

dangerdork

fyreflye said:
Thanks for your good intentions, but not only my heart but my OS belongs to Apple and Micro$oft does not offer a Word Viewer for Macintosh.
Ahhhhh yesssss Grasshopper:

The Path of the Apple; The Path of the Gates; and the path of... um. Linux. hrrrrrmmm... I'm working on it.

ETA. Hmmmmmm. Linux is an anagram for "IN LUX." So there.

Sheri

rwcarter said:
Believe me, I'm far from a Microsoft groupie (my heart belongs to Apple, but my soul belongs to Microsoft and Dell })). Anyone who doesn't have Word can still download a free Word Reader from the Evil Empire that will allow them to open and print Word docs without being able to edit them.

Rodney

Open Office is free and includes a completely compatible word processor with Microsoft Word. I have used it for years with documents that come from my work that is all Microsoft. It also has drawing, painting programs, and an Excel clone.

It is very easy to install also. Apples use the Unix version so you should install X11 on your computer (also very easy).

There is also a Linux and Microsoft version as well :D

OpenOffice.org

valeria

fyreflye

I have NeoOffice, an open source version of OpenOffice that doesn't require installation of X11. If I can read Word with it then fine. But at the same time, converting AT threads to a printable version and downloading them as text files is much simpler and takes less than a minute.

valeria said:
Open Office is free and includes a completely compatible word processor with Microsoft Word. I have used it for years with documents that come from my work that is all Microsoft. It also has drawing, painting programs, and an Excel clone.

It is very easy to install also. Apples use the Unix version so you should install X11 on your computer (also very easy).

There is also a Linux and Microsoft version as well :D

OpenOffice.org

valeria

dangerdork

Are you guys hinting for me to write a book already? ;)

Sheri

fyreflye said:
I have NeoOffice, an open source version of OpenOffice that doesn't require installation of X11. If I can read Word with it then fine. But at the same time, converting AT threads to a printable version and downloading them as text files is much simpler and takes less than a minute.

True :D I was mainly offering a suggestion for those who have no MS Word alternative.

rwcarter

dangerdork said:
Are you guys hinting for me to write a book already? ;)
Hinting like a ton of bricks.... ;)

Off to lay out the Robin Wood and Mythic decks in the Seven Stations layout and see what I can see.

Rodney

dangerdork

Attachments

• azoth.gif
    azoth.gif
    101.2 KB · Views: 244
  • Philosphers.jpg
    Philosphers.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 249

rwcarter

dangerdork said:
I laid out my Mythic (for which I've lost the book). It came out a little differently than you described, and I think the cards were in their original order. SO annoying that they're not annotated with a number or a traditional Majors name or the god's name or anything. But that one dude HAD to be Prometheus, whom I didn't see on your list. This is the only example I've looked at with a "re-ordered," or to be PC, "differently-ordered" deck from the TdM or RWS decks that I've seen, and the Seven Stations / Three Paths perspective seems not to be holding up.

The correct order for the Mythic Tarot in the Seven Stations Layout is:

Hidden Path:
Emperor/Lovers/Temperance/Wheel of Fortune/Devil/Moon/World

Inner Path:
Empress/Hierophant/Justice/Hermit/Death/Star/Judgement

Outer Path:
Magician/High Priestess/Chariot/Strength/Hanged Man/Tower/Sun

I'm about to see if those cards make sense to me in the Seven Stations Layout.

Rodney

Editted to correct the positions of the Sun and Moon, which I've had wrong in my notes for almost 12 years!