Coming Love Interest Spread

OakDragon

This is a cool spread! Thank you for sharing, WolfyJames!

I did a reading with this spread for myself last night, but I'd like some advice on interpreting it because I think I'm biased. Every time I look at the cards, I can't help but be reminded of more of a Going Love Interest than a Coming one, if you see what I mean. A friend who I'm in love with, but is not attracted to me. The cards seem to fit her pretty well, but I want to believe they do, too, I'm sure, so I'd like other opinions. I did not use reversals. The deck I used is the Radiant RWS. Thank you for your help!

1. Who -- Justice
2. Work/Job -- Queen of Pentacles
3. Her quality -- Judgement
4. Her flaw -- 9 of Swords
5. Her look -- Ace of Cups
6. Her first impression of me -- King of Swords
7. My first impression of her -- Moon
8. Her feelings for me. -- Devil
9. My feelings for her -- Knight of Pentacles
10. Strength of our relationship -- 5 of Wands
11. Weakness of our relationship -- 7 of Pentacles
12. Long term potential -- Knight of Wands

katie_here

Oakdragon

I would like a go at interpreting that.

but just from my initial feelings nothing more, so its probably way way way off mark.

Who -- Justice

Is she a judge or someone who sits in judgement on others?

katie_here

about my two readings

first of all, the Coming Love Interest:

Who: Four of Wands
Work: Ace of Wands
Quality: Six of Pentacles
His Flaw: (thats he's not with me!!) seriously Eight of Pentacles
His Look: Forlorn (Death)
What he thinks of me: Queen of Wands
I of Him: King of Wands
His feelings for me: The hanged man (or does he want to strangle me!)
My feelings for him: Knight of Pentacles
Strength of relationship: The Sun
The Weakness: Knight of Cups
Love Potential: Three of Pentacles

and my 6 monthly Spread

Nov: Page of Pentacles/Ten of Cups
Dec King of Cups/Seven of Wands
Jan: Tower/Four of Cups
Feb: Sun/Four of Wands ( strength of relationship/who is he)
Mar: Knight of Pentacles/The hanged Man (these two turned up in our feelings for each other)
Apr: Four of Swords/judgement

Which reading do I take the timing from. I found it intriguing that four of those cards are repeated in both spreads. Is this a real sign or just a co-incidence?

purple_scorp

Hey all,

after I did this spread for myself, I thought perhaps it would be better to separate some of the deck and use only certain cards for certain positions. Like for example, shuffle the court cards only and use them for positions 1, 2 & 5. Then I wondered, hey, what if you were to ask another question about which star sign were they and just shuffle the Kings, Queens, and Pages???

I wouldn't want to discount getting a court card in one of the other positions though, so maybe even introducing a second deck for some questions. Does anybody have any comments on this suggestion?

After trying this spread for myself (and being really confused about the results) and also from the other comments in this thread, I don't think this is a spread that you can objectively do for yourself. I think there's a tendency to see what you want to see, instead of what is there? There is no real way to know if this is a brand new person coming into your life, or someone you already know.

In my reading, I asked an additional question - Is this person someone that I've already met? Before drawing the card, I said, show me a card from the major arcana if I have already met this person, and one from the minor arcana if I have not met them.

Now, I did this reading using the Osho Zen deck. You'll never guess what card I drew???? The Master. It is the 79th card (an extra one) in that deck. It sits between the Major and Minor arcanas. I've never drawn that card before and I just burst into laughter when I saw it. I figured it was Osho and his sense of humour trying to tell me that I'm not meant to know the answer. Technically, it is labelled a Major card but - I am not taking that as verbatim, given it's an extra card in the deck.

OakDragon said:
I did a reading with this spread for myself last night, but I'd like some advice on interpreting it because I think I'm biased. Every time I look at the cards, I can't help but be reminded of more of a Going Love Interest than a Coming one, if you see what I mean. A friend who I'm in love with, but is not attracted to me. The cards seem to fit her pretty well, but I want to believe they do, too, I'm sure, so I'd like other opinions. I did not use reversals. The deck I used is the Radiant RWS. Thank you for your help!

So Oakie, I would like to take a stab at interpreting your reading for you.

BTW - I hope this is not deemed as a post that belongs in the Your Readings section (cos I did put some stuff up the top about the spread itself :)).

1. Who -- Justice
Being an astrological person, I would immediately look at the star sign of Libra for this card. (Interestingly, I drew a sign - Sagittarian - for myself in this position.) I feel that this person is very goal-oriented and may also be into looking for signs.

An Aquarius. According to Nancy Garen the types of vocation for this card are: New Age teacher, minister, healer, psychologist, painter, writer, inventor.

Pluto (planet of change and transformation). I would say that this person is a good judge of character. This person is flexible and able to survive change.

Oh, someone that is not new to misery but accepts it as being part of themselves. Is it possible they are pining for another? And not able to start a new relationship until the old one is left behind.

She likes to wear clothes with big billowy sleeves (lol). How do you glean a look from an Ace? I don't know how she looks but I can tell you that if you are to have a romantic relationship it will be one that starts from friendship. You will need to "grow" on her. So you need to be patient, Oakie.

Astrologically, if you are born with the sun in the first house, your general appearance can take the general traits of that sign. Otherwise, it is quite often your Ascending sign that determines how you look. I know that is not really relevant to you drawing an Ace of Cups. But had you just drawn from the Court cards for this position, then it would have been interesting to know if you drew her Asc card.

Libra again! She thinks you are fair-minded and well-balanced. Intelligent and able to work with different kinds of information. Someone who is logical and uses reason, analyses problems with ease. Truthful and reliable. Interestingly, she sees you as someone who can be impartial in terms of judgement (which seems to fit her earlier cards quite well).

You want her to like you but you know that she has other stuff on her mind that must be dealt with first. Perhaps she is confusing you too. So I get the feeling your attraction to this person (old or new) will be stronger than there's to you.

Woohoo Oakie, you devil, you!!! LOL. It's about that she will not be able to give herself freely to you, because she'll be caught in old patterns with an ex-lover. The thing is that she is trapping herself in this mindset and she can free herself if she chooses to.

You want to be happy and you can see that you will find this happiness with this person. However, you don't want to tread on anyone's toes so you go lightly. But slow and steady usually wins the race.

Competition! You are constantly analysing whether it's worthwhile to hang around or not. It is your strength and commitment to this cause that will hold you in good stead.

The weakness is that you are not (or will not) get the signs you would like from this person. So you have put in the hard yards and are taking a rest to see if it's worth pursuing any further. The weakness is that you will give up.

If you hit it off, then there will be a sense that you've found a kindred spirit and you will develop a deep connection with passion, respect, and trust. It's not going to be an easy path but there will be eventual success.

Does that make any sense to you, Oakie? Does it fit her description? There seems to be a lot of cards that suggest it is for an existing person.

purple_scorp

OakDragon

purple_scorp said:
Hey all,

after I did this spread for myself, I thought perhaps it would be better to separate some of the deck and use only certain cards for certain positions. Like for example, shuffle the court cards only and use them for positions 1, 2 & 5. Then I wondered, hey, what if you were to ask another question about which star sign were they and just shuffle the Kings, Queens, and Pages???

I wouldn't want to discount getting a court card in one of the other positions though, so maybe even introducing a second deck for some questions. Does anybody have any comments on this suggestion?

After trying this spread for myself (and being really confused about the results) and also from the other comments in this thread, I don't think this is a spread that you can objectively do for yourself. I think there's a tendency to see what you want to see, instead of what is there? There is no real way to know if this is a brand new person coming into your life, or someone you already know.

In my reading, I asked an additional question - Is this person someone that I've already met? Before drawing the card, I said, show me a card from the major arcana if I have already met this person, and one from the minor arcana if I have not met them.

Now, I did this reading using the Osho Zen deck. You'll never guess what card I drew???? The Master. It is the 79th card (an extra one) in that deck. It sits between the Major and Minor arcanas. I've never drawn that card before and I just burst into laughter when I saw it. I figured it was Osho and his sense of humour trying to tell me that I'm not meant to know the answer. Technically, it is labelled a Major card but - I am not taking that as verbatim, given it's an extra card in the deck.

So Oakie, I would like to take a stab at interpreting your reading for you.

BTW - I hope this is not deemed as a post that belongs in the Your Readings section (cos I did put some stuff up the top about the spread itself :)).

1. Who -- Justice
Being an astrological person, I would immediately look at the star sign of Libra for this card. (Interestingly, I drew a sign - Sagittarian - for myself in this position.) I feel that this person is very goal-oriented and may also be into looking for signs.

An Aquarius. According to Nancy Garen the types of vocation for this card are: New Age teacher, minister, healer, psychologist, painter, writer, inventor.

Pluto (planet of change and transformation). I would say that this person is a good judge of character. This person is flexible and able to survive change.

Oh, someone that is not new to misery but accepts it as being part of themselves. Is it possible they are pining for another? And not able to start a new relationship until the old one is left behind.

She likes to wear clothes with big billowy sleeves (lol). How do you glean a look from an Ace? I don't know how she looks but I can tell you that if you are to have a romantic relationship it will be one that starts from friendship. You will need to "grow" on her. So you need to be patient, Oakie.

Astrologically, if you are born with the sun in the first house, your general appearance can take the general traits of that sign. Otherwise, it is quite often your Ascending sign that determines how you look. I know that is not really relevant to you drawing an Ace of Cups. But had you just drawn from the Court cards for this position, then it would have been interesting to know if you drew her Asc card.

Libra again! She thinks you are fair-minded and well-balanced. Intelligent and able to work with different kinds of information. Someone who is logical and uses reason, analyses problems with ease. Truthful and reliable. Interestingly, she sees you as someone who can be impartial in terms of judgement (which seems to fit her earlier cards quite well).

You want her to like you but you know that she has other stuff on her mind that must be dealt with first. Perhaps she is confusing you too. So I get the feeling your attraction to this person (old or new) will be stronger than there's to you.

Woohoo Oakie, you devil, you!!! LOL. It's about that she will not be able to give herself freely to you, because she'll be caught in old patterns with an ex-lover. The thing is that she is trapping herself in this mindset and she can free herself if she chooses to.

You want to be happy and you can see that you will find this happiness with this person. However, you don't want to tread on anyone's toes so you go lightly. But slow and steady usually wins the race.

Competition! You are constantly analysing whether it's worthwhile to hang around or not. It is your strength and commitment to this cause that will hold you in good stead.

The weakness is that you are not (or will not) get the signs you would like from this person. So you have put in the hard yards and are taking a rest to see if it's worth pursuing any further. The weakness is that you will give up.

If you hit it off, then there will be a sense that you've found a kindred spirit and you will develop a deep connection with passion, respect, and trust. It's not going to be an easy path but there will be eventual success.

Does that make any sense to you, Oakie? Does it fit her description? There seems to be a lot of cards that suggest it is for an existing person.

purple_scorp

Thank you, p_s! It probably is something I should have posted in the readings forum. I apologize for that. Your explanation of the reading does fit her description, and I agree with just about everything you said, though, for better or worse, it's also what I want to believe. We've never really discussed it, but she's given me the outward impression that she's not attracted to me. (Though it seems to me she's sending positive signals in that regard subconsciously, I know I could be just imagining it.) I interpreted the Devil as that she think's I'm paying too much attention to her and she seems overwhelmed, which seems to be the case. She also recently broke up with someone, as you intuited. To complicate matters, I now live in Florida, and she still lives in California, 2500 miles away. I know that if anything even has a chance of happening I have to be patient, but I also know I have to learn to let go of expectations as to the outcome. How does one learn to be patient about something yet let go if it at the same time? <sigh> I don't know.

purple_scorp

Oakie,

maybe the message for you is that there is nothing you can do to change the situation. That's the letting go part - accepting that it is out of your control.

(((((Oakie))))) this is a real test of your character but if you feel very strongly that you are meant to be together, then my advice is for you to continue to be there for her, as a friend.

But, also, at the same time - open yourself up for other possibilities. Don't become too fixated that she is the one, because you just never know who might be around the corner.

Oh, and to bring this back to the original thread topic.....what did you think about my ideas of using the court cards for specific questions???

I have to say, it was a whole lot easier interpreting your spread than my own.

purple_scorp

OakDragon

I think you're right about what it's trying to tell me, p_s. I just need to go with the flow.

As to the court cards, I agree that they would be especially useful for the Who and Looks cards, and maybe the First Impressions ones too.

watchman291273

katie_here said:
first of all, the Coming Love Interest:

Who: Four of Wands
Work: Ace of Wands
Quality: Six of Pentacles
His Flaw: (thats he's not with me!!) seriously Eight of Pentacles
His Look: Forlorn (Death)
What he thinks of me: Queen of Wands
I of Him: King of Wands
His feelings for me: The hanged man (or does he want to strangle me!)
My feelings for him: Knight of Pentacles
Strength of relationship: The Sun
The Weakness: Knight of Cups
Love Potential: Three of Pentacles

and my 6 monthly Spread

Nov: Page of Pentacles/Ten of Cups
Dec King of Cups/Seven of Wands
Jan: Tower/Four of Cups
Feb: Sun/Four of Wands ( strength of relationship/who is he)
Mar: Knight of Pentacles/The hanged Man (these two turned up in our feelings for each other)
Apr: Four of Swords/judgement

Which reading do I take the timing from. I found it intriguing that four of those cards are repeated in both spreads. Is this a real sign or just a co-incidence?

Hi Katie,

To me November might be a likelmy month due to the Page and the 10 of cups, which is for joyce and peace, but it's often family related.

December : A King of cup could stand for a love interest, but 7 of wands has a sense of struggling.

So February would be the best match to me. Because of it's his card and it's meaning. Goes well with the sun too. Plus you'll get the vibes of a 6 Personal year in 2005, which is good for romance.

katie_here

thanks Watchman

I want to mention a couple of things

first thanks for taking the time to look at my cards.

I know this was a spelling error but

To me November might be a likelmy month due to the Page and the 10 of cups, which is for joyce and peace, but it's often family related.

its funny you should say Joyce and not Joy! Joyce was my best friend, (of 33yrs) but we've not spoken since July because her new boyfriend was jealous and banned her from seeing me!) ( I think I'll be hearing a message from her tonight via a mutual friend because they were speaking about me last night!)

my two kids celebrate very important birthdays in February too, my daughter will be 21 and my son 16.

my own Soul number is 6 as well. So I think this all augers well for me.

thanks a lot. I'll keep you posted if anything exciting happens!

purple_scorp

watchman291273 said:
Hi Katie,

katie,

Wow - "joyce and peace" in the same sentence - watchman, that's one of your famous freudian slips (only you didn't know it).

Katie, what's even more funny is what comes after that - "but it's often family related" because of the complication involved with you being in the middle of Joyce's family squabbles (with care for her dad, Joe, etc).

Well done, watchman - very intuitive!

purple_scorp