Disappointed: Tarot Card Combinations.

napaea

Use some crayons! Honestly, if there are pictures in black and white but you need color, choose your own colors and put 'em right on in! Maybe this will make it a more fun book for you, and sort of open you up to its possibilities. Just from the discussion I'm going to have to see if my library has it (ahhh libraries...the poor man's bookstore)

napaea

aeonx

napaea said:
ahhh libraries...the poor man's bookstore)

napaea

*lol* That's for sure! It's so annoying if you find a great book in the library, and you can't afford to buy it. You'll have to deliver it after a certain time, and if you want it longer, you may have to put your name on a list etc etc...

About the crayons... there are just too many cards to draw. Even I won't have the patience to sit down and color all the cards! Besides, the book isn't worth it. ;)

~aeonx~

emily2otters

<<emily2otters: I couldn't find that exact combination in this book. >>

oh, well. thanks for lookin'!

destinyawaitsme

Yeah, I was disappointed, but I wouldn't call this book trash. It has some useful ideas, but I must admit when I saw it I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. A book about card combinations!!! The way it's set up, it's hard to figure out where to find the combos you are looking for. I wish there were definitions for all card combos...but let's face it. That would make a big ass book.

midnightmerry

I've had this book for awhile and for me, it was just a jumping-off point, to get you thinking. For the complete novice, it can help (well, it did me at one point).

divinerguy

The problems with Tarot card combination books is the question of scope.

In a 10 card celtic cross, with the crossing card read as an upright, there are a vast number of possible combinations. Perhaps a mathemetician might help me out here.

At the third card, there were 1.85 million possible combinations. My calculator, at eight digits, maxed out on the fourth card.

Even with upright, two card combinations, there are over 6,000 combinations. If you add reversals, it brings that number up to 24,180 possible combinations. These combinations do not take into account issues which are specific to the querent.

With the potential variety in combinations, it makes the ability to write such a book quite problematic.

Flavio

I think the real merit of the book is helping to develop a thinking system to connect cards, as a beginner I have trouble going beyond the meaning of a single card and putting together 2,3 or more cards, so maybe more advanced reader find this book below their expectations.

This book helped me understand how cards work together using a system of keywords for each card, I think those keywords are mainly for learning purposes and you can decide to use those words or your own.

Of course is impossible to have every single card combination in one single book, and if such book would exist, what is the merit to study Tarot?

Emily

I used the book that way too - helping me to connect cards, seeing how they reinforce each other - But its not a book I use often mainly because I've never had any of the combinations in it and its not a easy book to find your way around.

I did stupidly think that it would have limitless combinations lol