Victorian Fairy Tarot

rainboweve

Just wanted to say that I actually received this deck as a gift about 2 years ago, but upon first glance didn't feel that "connection" and was a bit confused by the theme of it being the seasons, as I before I had only ever read with a RWS. :laugh:

Just today however I was thumbing through this deck and for some reason, felt an instant connection. I've done a few readings for myself and a friend with it and I actually find it a very pleasant read, and the images are generally cheerful as well, which I think suits me.

Basically I just wanted to share my newfound love for this deck! :heart: The nature-inspired images really speak to me at this point in my life and I am loving it. I'm glad I didn't decide to give away this deck, as it sat patiently on my bookshelf all this while waiting for the right time and place to come into my life. :)

I would also love to hear how anyone else has related to this deck (or not related to it :laugh: ) and how they find it to read, for anyone who has it. :)

Morwenna

I have it and love it! I love the concept, the art, and the way it reads. I also like the seasonal attributes of the suits better in this deck than in most others. Some of the interpretations of the scenes into Victorian-fairy-size are just brilliant; my favorite and the one that comes most readily to mind is Strength.

Gary Lippincott is one of those artists that I wished a long time ago would do a Tarot deck, and lo and behold, it happened!

Miss Divine

Perhaps it's the printing of mine but, I find the colors too washed out for my liking. The artwork is lovely but I just wish the colors would've been richer/more saturated. I hardly ever use it because of this.

orkneyfaerie

I love this deck, it reads really well and I hardly ever have to look at the meanings

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

rainboweve

I have it and love it! I love the concept, the art, and the way it reads. I also like the seasonal attributes of the suits better in this deck than in most others. Some of the interpretations of the scenes into Victorian-fairy-size are just brilliant; my favorite and the one that comes most readily to mind is Strength.

Gary Lippincott is one of those artists that I wished a long time ago would do a Tarot deck, and lo and behold, it happened!

I love everything you mentioned about it too! :) The Victorian-fairy-size attributes of the cards are something I'm also enamored with, I especially love The Seeress and her little chair that's actually a toadstool.

rainboweve

Perhaps it's the printing of mine but, I find the colors too washed out for my liking. The artwork is lovely but I just wish the colors would've been richer/more saturated. I hardly ever use it because of this.

Oh no! :( I can see how the colors might seem a bit washed out even with the deck I have, as they are rather "light" in tone I think... but the cards tend to show up very color saturated in photographs (of my deck anyway) so I would lean towards it being the printing. Everyone sees color differently though so it may just be that as well :)

rainboweve

I love this deck, it reads really well and I hardly ever have to look at the meanings

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

You know, I actually read this deck better without having looked much at the book, so I find it a very pleasant and easy read as you said :) I think I tried to use the book when I first got this deck 2 years ago but now I'm wondering if that was something that put me off it...

JylliM

For artwork, I think it's possibly the most beautiful deck I've seen. It's also quite easy to read. Even though I don't use it often, I wouldn't want to be without this deck - I have a backup copy in case of fire or flood! :)

Gwynydd

I absolutely love this deck! I find the best way to read the cards is to think about the story of the picture on each card.

I don't use it all the time, as I'm still a beginner, but I love their seasonal change spread! I just recently tried it for the first time, as we just changed from Autumn to Winter here in Australia. I think I'll do this reading each time the seasons change.

Morwenna

It just might be personal taste. Lippincott works in watercolors, and I've seen a lot of his work at science fiction conventions. He does use a somewhat muted palette, though still colorful. But I think it's part of his charm. Somehow I feel that a more saturated color treatment might make the images too hard, less airy.

But of course I haven't seen the quality of the printing on your deck.