Nicoletta Ceccoli - Seven of Discs

Hemera

Spider Girl is sitting patiently in what seems to be a circus arena. (In the original artwork -which is attached below- there is a circus toy on the background.) She has fabulous red boots in all her 8 legs (only 6 are visible). Her lace collar has been woven by her spider friends, two of which we can see in the picture. I seem to remember that in the original artwork she is called Charlotte.

Spider symbology is ancient and spiders are depicted in the folklore of probably all cultures partly because of their fascinating ability to weave webs.
Although not all spiders spin webs to catch prey, numerous cultures attribute this ability with the origin ofspinning, textile weaving, basketry, knotwork and net making. Spiders are associated with creation myths because they seem to weave their own artistic worlds. Spiders have been the focus of fears, stories and mythologies of various cultures for centuries. Philosophers often use the spider's web as a metaphor or analogy; and today, terms such as the Internet or World Wide Web evoke the inter-connectivity of a spider web
I think her red boots symbolize her independence and her ability to assess and know what it is that she wants. They hold a promise that she knows where to go next after this waiting period is over. The boots have high heels and look rather sexy. There are some red shoes in this deck but I think none with such high heels.
I see this is actually as a very RWS card. The Arachne/Spider-girl knows rewards will come but only through patience. She knows that she will get what she wants but not just yet. She needs to wait patiently like a spider, and if anything, attend to detail but not make any big moves.

LWB:
Take your time to create something you can be proud of. Excellence takes time. Hold true to your vision of what you will achieve with patience. Key concepts: Attention to detail, planning ahead, perseverance.

Wikipedia: Cultural depiction of spiders: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_depictions_of_spiders

Attachments

• Ceccoli Spider Girl.jpg
    Ceccoli Spider Girl.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 410

Kat Moon

OMG I love this. And I love how positive it is. And love your insight on her boots. I agree, they are very sexy, and I bet when she stands up you won't be able to see them. The dress would cover them. Hidden details, something that you know that others don't.

Personally I can't stand spiders, and so for me this card is a warning. To me it is a warning against rushing. That by rushing a project, or a job search. That you are going to end up with something that you don't want. While it may work out, a girl with a spider body is certainly not where you want to be. Spiders make webs in areas that don't get used very much, in hidden corners, or around unused furniture. So by rushing, you will not be used to the best of your ability. (Like a doctor answering phones. Sure it is a job, you are being paid and can pay the bills. But if you would have waited just a bit longer then you would have gotten that job as a doctor and been much better off) Let things take the time that they are needing and good things will come.

Hemera

. To me it is a warning against rushing.
Oh, this is excellent!
I seem to remember that spiders have their own special energy production system. You know how they often move very fast and then they stop and have to rest for a while until they can rush forward again. Their energy system works like that, they are pretty much "on" or "off" and when they have used up all their ATP in their cells they will have to recharge before they can run again. It is a different system from many other animals. I think this fits perfectly, doesn't it? So this card could be asking you to watch out; if you rush you'll run out of energy. You'll need to rest after doing something (that your reading is maybe about). Watch out for burn-out. -That sort of thing..