Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

baba-prague

catdoc said:
Cats sleep better than any other creatures I know.

This is so true. You know, sometimes I think we don't have enough sleeping cats in this deck!

Le_Corsair

baba-prague said:
This is so true. You know, sometimes I think we don't have enough sleeping cats in this deck!

Coming up in 2005 - - The Sleeping Bohemian Cats Tarot! :joke:

Bob :THERM

catdoc

baba-prague said:

Our "fretting" card is still the High Priestess. I am almost thinking that it's the wrong cat...

Since you are still "fretting" about the High Priestess you probably do need to change it. It may be that a straight forward black and white cat is just too earthy. To 'approachable' to convey the mystery of the High Priestess. The white oriental of the your Moon has a more exotic mysterious look.

Perhaps if you have among all of your cat models one who has that slightly aloof far away gaze. Or a more exotic mysterious looking cat. I feel bad for even entertaining the thought of changing cats. Silly, but I don't want the current high priestess to feel rejected. Maybe that is the problem she is just to loveable looking and we expect the High Priestess to be above all that. :)

Deb

Alta

That's funny. I adore your current High Priestess, one of my favs. Ah well. I am not an artist either.

TemperanceAngel

*TA's clapping with excitement and glee, at just discovering this thread :D *

YAY, I love your cards, your artwork, what can I say?????
XTAX

Kissa

I could only watch the new cards very quickly (my 4 year old still insist on me driving her to kindergarten in the morning instead of taking her driving license ...) but a few impressions: all your cards always look perfect to me, i'm just like catdoc, i can't even find somthing wrong with them and if i could, i certainly wouldn't be able to bring any good idea to correct what bugged me...

Temperance's face is great. she almost looks like our lady, though ours has a straight line running down from her forehead to her mouth, separating her face so equally, it is a mystery to me how mother nature could manage that... Temperance should be our lady's card, she is very overweight... Moderation, girl, it's all about moderation...

You turned me into a Baroque Bodemian Cats Tarot deck creation freak... I was thinking (almost first thing this morning) that i'd do for the three of pentacles... I'd take a pic of our super ginger boy scratching the top level of their mulitlevel scratching post/cat tree and the two ladies staring at him from the floor... Sorry, couldn't resist...

Kissa

Kissa

baba-prague said:
Our "fretting" card is still the High Priestess. I am almost thinking that it's the wrong cat...

maybe you should do two High Priestess cards in the BBC like the two Death in the ToP ?

Kissa

Kissa

baba-prague said:
The cat I was closest to in my life was a long-haired ginger, so there are PLENTY of gingers in the deck.

long-haired ginger? hum... i'll put that on my wishlist :D })

Kissa

baba-prague

Kissa said:
I was thinking (almost first thing this morning) that i'd do for the three of pentacles... I'd take a pic of our super ginger boy scratching the top level of their mulitlevel scratching post/cat tree and the two ladies staring at him from the floor... Sorry, couldn't resist...

Our seven (oh dear, I hope homes do turn up soon - well a couple are booked now) spend a lot of time working out who goes where on the cat tree. For sleeping at night, mum gets the top and everyone else arranges themselves on the other two layers, but in the daytime there is LOTS of dispute! Oddly enough the kittens often win - Lotte storms off in a huff.

The Three of Pentacles is probably one of the only rather unplanned cards left, but I'm afraid it won't involved a scratching post as these sadly did not exist in the Baroque! (no, I KNOW you were joking)

Justice done, cards are coming along well now.

baba-prague

Justice

We are pleased with this one. By the way, in the card you CAN see the sword more clearly, but we want it to blend in a bit. The background is deliberately similar to that of the Queen of Swords - I wanted to bring out the similarities between these two.

http://www.bohemian-cats.com/examples/c_justice_small.jpg

(kitten update - the little shy girl who I thought might get overlooked was chosen by a VERY nice woman writer from New York who know lives in Prague - so she will go off to a loving home next week. Phew! Two well-homed, now the boys to focus on...)

Tmgrl - just wanted to say that I think you are right - and good quotes they are too. I have learned a lot about TAROT from doing this deck. To have to do things a different way does make you rethink. The little ornamental allegory of "sight" on the Queen of Swords was one of my "ah ha" moments. Now I think in a different way of the clear and keen sightedness of this Queen (Courts, Courts, never easy). It's one thing to respect tradition, but it's also good to let it breathe a little, if you know what I mean?