Collaborative Spread Creation #10 - Helping Those in Transition

rwcarter

CrystalSeas would like help with the following spread.
I need help in creating a spread that helps me answer the question "How can I best support X during the next week".

X would be a client who is facing a major transistion within the next month or so.

One suggestion (thanks, Rodney) was to rework an elemental spread

My thinking now is along these lines:

A five-pointed star, with each of the points being one of the areas I can offer support in.

....... 5

1 How can I best support X's physical needs in the next week?
2 How can I best support X's business needs
3 How can I best support X's emotional needs
4 How can I best support X's mental needs
5 How can I best support X's spiritual needs

Questions I'm still mulling over

A. By "business" I mean unfinished business or projects that X is trying to complete. What's a better one-word designation for this need?

B. Should I try to use a significator? (the 0 in the spread)

C. If I use a significator, should it be for the situation or the person?

D. What am I missing here?

CrystalSeas

Thanks!

On further consideration, I'm wondering if the center card might be a summation card of some sort. What would be a good summary question for a spread like this?

rwcarter

As a summary card, position 0 (which should be renumbered to 6 if it's a summary) could be found using the Quintessence method of adding up the numbers of the other cards in the reading (Fool = 22, Courts are usually not counted) and reducing the number until you get 22 or less. (22 would be the Fool.)

If you leave position 0 as a Significator, then I'd draw a card for the position instead of pre-selecting one as a drawn card may provide additional insight into the person at the time of the reading that a selected Significator wouldn't.

For position 2, maybe rephrase as "How can I best support X with any unfinished business they may have? The structure of the question is no longer parallel with the other questions, but I think it captures what you're looking for.

Rodney

Luna's Crone

has anyone tried using a (Non-mushy) oracle deck for the significator card? I have several decks that would be good for this. plus, it doesn't leave a card out of the deck to draw the spread from.

I am learning alot from this collaborator thread, Rodney

rwcarter

There's no rule that says that significators have to be tarot cards. They could be oracle cards, objects or whatever you want.