10 of Wands clarified by The Devil

Miradeck

How would you interpret this combination if the question was "what does someone feel about another?"

I see 10/W here to represent some sort of burden but the devil as clarifier has confused me. Isn't the devil about intense passion and physical attraction or sex? Seems like there is intense physical attraction but with the 10/W I'm confused. Does it potentially mean there is some sort of burden due to the physical passion? Or that the feelings are purely physically and there is no emotional engagement and therefore becomes a burden? Can someone at the forum enlighten me please?

Mystica7

It could be that there is an obstacle to express the passion and desire represented by the Devil. They may be involved with someone else or way too busy with their own thoughts/problems.

BrownBear

I'd say they feel like the other person is a burden. 10w = burden, Devil is chains of bondage.

Usually i see the Devil as materialism, but also bondage and enslavement.

FemaleRonin

As for someone's feelings for another the immediate answer that came to my mind when I see those two cards would be an obsession or strong quite possibly deep unhealthy attachment to the other person/or situation in question- to the point where it was weighing them down heavily and any sorta fun/lustful potential that the Devil may represent if you were looking at a more positive interpretation or angle would be gone and what's left is but a ball and chain that is holding them back.

Depending of course on the situation I could also see it as meaning someone is really attracted sexually to the other so that their desires and wants are getting harder to hold back from acting upon.

Lastly, once again depending on the situation and relationship between the two individuals I also see as meaning a shared burden or history together- For example addicts who were trying to stay clean or people with some past baggage and hard experiences between them and they could either remind each other of that dark side and time of their life or they make the other feel held back or tempted?

Just my immediate impressions of those two cards together. I've personally had them appear in the same position in a prior reading and it turned out to mean that the other person was so deeply attached and controlling/oppressive towards the other (constant worries even with no provocation of infidelity or potential for it, jealousy to the extreme) that their own demons and past baggage was affecting them so badly that the person could no longer ignore their problems and was at the point where they needed to finally get some help to work thru em once and for all.

samantha

In terms of feelings it seems as if their passion for the other is becoming too much to bare. It is *consuming* them (fire in the Devil, fire in the Wands ....and perhaps all that potential wood !) They are unable to *offload* any of this. In real terms that could translate as a relationship where they have kept their feelings to themselves (and it is killing them slowly) OR where the other party is in the know but decides not to reciprocate. The passions here could be physical ones as you suggest ... which would give *offload* a particular meaning ! This more likely if the person you are asking about is male ...

Miradeck

It could be that there is an obstacle to express the passion and desire represented by the Devil. They may be involved with someone else or way too busy with their own thoughts/problems.

Ah.. this is a good way to look at it. The couple has no problems in their love life apparently but there might be a bit too much predictability so that could be the "burden" reflected here.

Miradeck

I'd say they feel like the other person is a burden. 10w = burden, Devil is chains of bondage.

Usually i see the Devil as materialism, but also bondage and enslavement.

The problem is the couple has no problems in their love life hence I was stumped by the appearance of 10/w.

Miradeck

Depending of course on the situation I could also see it as meaning someone is really attracted sexually to the other so that their desires and wants are getting harder to hold back from acting upon.

Just my immediate impressions of those two cards together. I've personally had them appear in the same position in a prior reading and it turned out to mean that the other person was so deeply attached and controlling/oppressive towards the other (constant worries even with no provocation of infidelity or potential for it, jealousy to the extreme) that their own demons and past baggage was affecting them so badly that the person could no longer ignore their problems and was at the point where they needed to finally get some help to work thru em once and for all.

Thanks for sharing your experience FemaleRonin. Perhaps the other party is really attached and over worrying things which then creates some sort of burden.

Miradeck

In terms of feelings it seems as if their passion for the other is becoming too much to bare. It is *consuming* them (fire in the Devil, fire in the Wands ....and perhaps all that potential wood !) They are unable to *offload* any of this. In real terms that could translate as a relationship where they have kept their feelings to themselves (and it is killing them slowly) OR where the other party is in the know but decides not to reciprocate. The passions here could be physical ones as you suggest ... which would give *offload* a particular meaning ! This more likely if the person you are asking about is male ...

Thanks samantha. This is a couple who has been together for a while and other than too much predictability, everything seems fine. So perhaps the reasons are related to the predictability, no surprises, very relaxed but the other party could be looking for more but not saying?