March Faery Seekers Sign Ups

faerylvr

For the beginning of Spring, a 5 card directional spread. Please come join us.

As always this group is for using the Froud Faery Oracle. If you are unable to complete your reading please pm both your partner(s) and myself so that we can make sure everyone gets a reading.

Most importantly, bring your faeries out for a lot of fun.

by einhverfr

This is closer to a real Celtic spread. It has a Celtic variant and a Vedic variant as well.

----------------N
------W-------C----------E
----------------S

Layout:
1: West
2: North
3: East
4: South
5: Center

West is the direction of the priests, of endings, of the unseen, and of TEACHING. It represents what you need to understand. Color is blue. Deities include Odin, Varuna, and Jupiter I am uncertain of an Irish equivalent. Maybe Goll?

North is the direction of battle, of war, of action. It is what you need to DO or what you need to CONFRONT. It concerns greater deeds. Color is red. Deities include Thorr, Indra, Mars, Nuada.

East is the direction of prosperity, of beginnings, of spring, and of dawn. It tells you what is needed in this area. Key word is "fertility goddess." It may reference ancestral gifts. Color is yellow. Deities include Freya, [unsure of a Vedic one], Ceres, Eiriu.

South has a couple of variants, but in my standard spread, it represents the mirky past, the dead, blunt work and hard, menial tasks. Key word is "fertility god." Color is black. Deities include Freyr, the Ashvins and Yama, Remus and Quirinus, Dagda? maybe Ogma?.

In the Celtic variant, this would represent song, music, art, and beauty.
In the Vedic spread, it would represent the Sudra class of laborers.

The center is the place of sovereignty and kingship. It represents where you need to take charge or how you need to do so. Deities include Tyr or Ullr, Mitra and Manu, Romulus.

I am including Romulus and Remus because of their demigod status (being the sons of Mars) and because this represents a common mythic theme also linked to many other Indo-European myths in comparative mythology.

faerylvr

Reserved for Partners

tabi/Franniee/Silverwings 94

Alta/Modernday Ruth

Jewel/Thorhammer

silverwings94

Yippeeee!! I'm first. Sign me up Please. The Faeries have been calling me all week to come and play.
:love:,
Kat

faerylvr

Signed up Silverwings...

moderndayruth

Sign me up, please! :D

franniee

me too please. thanks for the PM :heart:

faerylvr

Hey there MDR and franniee... welcome to the fray... we will be dancing and frolicking soon... for Spring is coming.

tabi

I'm in too please, but may I get a run down of the dates please and thank you?

thorhammer

Thanks for the PM :) I'll be in it . . . is it okay if I don't use the suggested spread? I'll use a reasonable sized-one, of course - five or six cards :)

\m/ Kat

Alta

Okay, I'll play.