The Wild Unknown-The Tower XVI

Karrma

I drew this card for another reading, but there was so much depth to this card, I had to post it here also. The feelings that popped up for me was power, isolation, darkness, fear, loss of shelter, but also regeneration, reuse and recycle, opening up the view, opening up to the sun and the rain.

The picture is a large evergreen tree, looks like a sequoia with its thick trunk and spare branches. It is lit up white by lightning striking it, with a black background, night, with some streaking, looks like pouring rain.

The first thing I thought, was that lightning strikes the tallest thing around, so this tree was huge, may be in a meadow. There is no other trees around, it is isolated. Underneath the tree is a bed of pine needles, smelling sweet, moist, rich earth, but nothing growing due to the deep shade. It is a place to stay away from the elements, the too hot sun, the too wet rain. It is a place where there is decay, the wonderful decay of leaf and plant and bug and excrement to humus, topsoil, nutrition for the future.

I thought about how fun this tree would have been to try to stretch our arms around, to peel off the bark and smell, try to climb. How in a normal rainstorm, I would run under it to keep dry, wait out the storm. I thought of the squirrels and birds that were living in the tree. But with the lightning, this is now the last place to be, have to run out, try to find other shelter. A cave, a nearby town, anywhere else.

Then I thought more about the immense power of lightning and potential destruction of fire in the forest. If there is water around, rain, (cups) this could be an isolated event, and the fire does not spread. If it is a dry lightning strike, or if there is drought, this could become a conflagration, spreading by the wind (air) could also make it worse. Earth, dirt could contain it also. (I am not very good at the elementals, there could be some interesting discussion on this.) There are two arms of lightning, reminded me of long thin arms reaching down from the sky. The tree is severed in two places, the tree is in three pieces. But looking at the size of the trunk of the top of the tree, it does not fit. Is this looking farther away at the tree, from a distance?

Then I thought about what would happen afterwards. The land is opened up for new growth, open to the sun. The rich soil underneath now can fulfill its potential. The trunk can be shelter to eagles, bugs, other animals, can be wood for houses, can reuse, recycle. Other trees, in the shadow, can now grow.

The tower is 16. How does it relate to the 6s? or is it to the 7s, and the Chariot?

moonblossom

I drew this card for another reading, but there was so much depth to this card, I had to post it here also. The feelings that popped up for me was power, isolation, darkness, fear, loss of shelter, but also regeneration, reuse and recycle, opening up the view, opening up to the sun and the rain.

The picture is a large evergreen tree, looks like a sequoia with its thick trunk and spare branches. It is lit up white by lightning striking it, with a black background, night, with some streaking, looks like pouring rain.

The first thing I thought, was that lightning strikes the tallest thing around, so this tree was huge, may be in a meadow. There is no other trees around, it is isolated. Underneath the tree is a bed of pine needles, smelling sweet, moist, rich earth, but nothing growing due to the deep shade. It is a place to stay away from the elements, the too hot sun, the too wet rain. It is a place where there is decay, the wonderful decay of leaf and plant and bug and excrement to humus, topsoil, nutrition for the future.

I thought about how fun this tree would have been to try to stretch our arms around, to peel off the bark and smell, try to climb. How in a normal rainstorm, I would run under it to keep dry, wait out the storm. I thought of the squirrels and birds that were living in the tree. But with the lightning, this is now the last place to be, have to run out, try to find other shelter. A cave, a nearby town, anywhere else.

Then I thought more about the immense power of lightning and potential destruction of fire in the forest. If there is water around, rain, (cups) this could be an isolated event, and the fire does not spread. If it is a dry lightning strike, or if there is drought, this could become a conflagration, spreading by the wind (air) could also make it worse. Earth, dirt could contain it also. (I am not very good at the elementals, there could be some interesting discussion on this.) There are two arms of lightning, reminded me of long thin arms reaching down from the sky. The tree is severed in two places, the tree is in three pieces. But looking at the size of the trunk of the top of the tree, it does not fit. Is this looking farther away at the tree, from a distance?

Then I thought about what would happen afterwards. The land is opened up for new growth, open to the sun. The rich soil underneath now can fulfill its potential. The trunk can be shelter to eagles, bugs, other animals, can be wood for houses, can reuse, recycle. Other trees, in the shadow, can now grow.

The tower is 16. How does it relate to the 6s? or is it to the 7s, and the Chariot?
You're imagery was beautiful!

Sulis

I love what you've written here about The Tower card Karrma...

This to me looks like the tree that's depicted in The Emperor card.. A tree is an ecosystem in itself; it's home and food to many creatures, I think the scientific, biological term is 'provider'.
The lightning strikes the tree and that very often kills the tree and so everything has to start again... The debris from the tree and the body of the tree will provide nutrients and mulch for new growth to happen afterwards..

Numercially, this card is a 7 (1 +6 =7) - it's the opposite to or the antithesis of The Chariot VII, which is all about taking control of things, emotions, situations, going deeper etc.
With The Tower, control is taken away from the querant, the home (tree or Tower) is destroyed and we have to start again from scratch.. I think one of the most scary things about Tower cards is the loss of control, the feeling that things are not under our control and it often happens out of the blue.

One of the good things that The Tower often shows (and I think this card does too), is a revelation, a bolt from the blue that will free you from whatever had become a bit of a prison before...

I've attached an image below.

Attachments

• The Tower XVI.jpg
    The Tower XVI.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 751

Ildrinn

I just got the the strangest feeling when pulling this card from the deck. The Tower is usually one of the cards I dread the most for all the obvious reasons, but the question I asked when I drew it was about how I would get along with a person I am about to meet in person properly for the first time.

Dread is the knee-jerk reaction that always springs up when this card appears (and quite frankly I would rather have a positive reply to this question), but the feeling quickly faded to a little "voice" in my head saying:

"You'll be getting on like a house on fire". Which I found both humorous and uplifting.

Any thoughts?

Water Lady

not one but 2 lightening strikes hit this tree, it will be weakened badly and greatly changed, forever.
this is still the tower card, with all its drama and unexpected upheaval.
I don't need this card in my life any more and fortunately don't pull it.

danieljuk

Kim's keywords for this card are "unexpected upheaval".

how old must that tree be? it's so big and tall, it might be decades or even hundreds of years with such a strong root system! No one could have seen this change coming but it's struck by lightning by chance! Even struck twice! It's a myth that lightning never strikes twice, it can hit multiple times and even with a long time period between them.

Anything can happen to us and we can't spend our lives worrying about that and this change is so unexpected. They often have to clear forests because it gets so dark and can start to suffocate the natural environment. Perhaps the tree needs to fall to open up the light to shine into life again and allow something new in.

In Kim's writings she talks about your world might feel it's falling apart and so much confusion but her last line on the app is "you'll look back and feel grateful things changed course. You might even see it as a 'personal breakthrough' in the end".