New Vudu Tarot Kickstarter

Shade

The second, more eclectic deck is now available by itself, in case anyone was interested in it but not the first deck. (Personally, I want both).

FLizarraga

The second, more eclectic deck is now available by itself, in case anyone was interested in it but not the first deck. (Personally, I want both).

Yes, and it's breaking my heart. Being Cuban, and from a Spiritist family, the Cubano and Espiritismo deck is even more tempting than the Vudu. But I just cannot afford to back yet another deck this year...... :(

Shade

I'm quite liking the optional Egyptian cards that were added, they remind me a bit of the character designs for the new Gods of Egypt movie (except without white people playing all the Egyptians).

They are:

Magician: Thoth
High Priestess: Isis
Chariot: Sekhmet
Death: Osiris
Devil: Set
Judgement: Anubis

isabelh1010

Oh. My. God.

wantwantwantwantwantwantwantwant

When I get home this deck is mine!

Phenix

I like the principle of this deck, as it tries to incorporate very niche characters into Tarot. However, I feel that it will only really hit a small subset of people who already have this as part of their culture. Which I'm sure is *great* for them :), but from what I was reading on the kickstarter page, the creator also wanted this to be accessible as a working Tarot for those not already intimately familiar with this mythos.

I find that as one who doesn't know the personality behind each character, looking at the deck most of the cards seem very much the same to me - a person standing there. There are a few cards with more than one person or something else that can possibly be interpreted to draw more specific meaning, but overall I don't feel that this is a deck that I could read with without spending a lot of time studying/learning about each character first.

I enjoy decks that touch on other cultures, but most of those I do have include scenes or other background imagery to allow for card interpretation without knowing the particulars of the culture-specific person or place depicted. Again, while I think this deck is a wonderful concept and will be much-loved by those who are a part of this culture, I just wanted to give a little feedback that might be helpful to the creator that, at least to me, the images seem too distant to warrant purchase.

Shade

Deep discount for the main deck - it's now a $35 contribution.

schizandra

I'm tempted to back this deck based on its art alone. I love this style of vector art. Visually, I connect with this deck immediately. Thematically, not at all; especially not for reading. Still have to think about it.

6 days left!

isabelh1010

Wow. Only about two days left, and he still needs 2k+ to reach the pledged amount. I hope it makes it, I donated $115 for the duo deck pack because I couldn't resist it haha. Hopefully he will restart the Kickstarter or elongate it if he doesn't make it, because the deck is honestly beautiful.

rwcarter

Just got the notification that this didn't meet its funding goal (by ~$1300). :(