4 swords & 5 coins

Death & Knight of Cups

The High Priestess & Justice

The Hight Priestess & The Chariot

Please add all that I have missed.
Thanks for any input!

contrascarpe

ros -

Very interesting concept in this thread. Are you planning on taking each of these and dissecting them? I would be interested in participating in a discussion on each to see what you had in mind.

Dan

poivre

Yes, you lead we'll follow!!!

I posted this just to show for example:
-the bridge in the 5 cups might be the same as the one in the 4 wands.
-The Fool is facing the same way as the lady in The Star except the Fool has his head up and The Star has her head down.

Just little things like this to add to our ideas.

Imagemaker

Another duality is that there's a quality of indecision/deciding in both 2 swords and 7 cups.

Imposed authority in both Emperor and Hierophant.

poivre

The High Priestess and The Hierophant.

The Devil and The Hierophant

TemperanceAngel

In my 78 week study I found a huge connection with the HP and Judgement. XTAX

contrascarpe

Well, after reading the posts here and a couple of pm's with ros, I realize that my perception of the original post was different than the intent.

I believed this was to be a comparison/contrast of meanings for card pairs, but I think ros was reacting to an earlier post comparing the imagery of the horse on both the Knight of Cups and Death. There are alot of cards which seem to use similar imagery as ros has shown.

I am going to have to pay attention to the RWS alot closer - I have been familiar with it for over 30 years but I guess I never really looked at it that closely.

It's funny but I have been thumbing through Joan Bunning's book for the past couple of days just as a refresher. Right before I read this post I was reading her comparisons between cards in the major vs. cards in the minor (such as The Lovers vs. the Two of Cups) and pointing out the similarities of the cards while at the same time emphasizing that cards in the Major indicate the meaning is stronger.

TemperanceAngel

contrascarpe96 said:

I believed this was to be a comparison/contrast of meanings for card pairs, but I think ros was reacting to an earlier post comparing the imagery of the horse on both the Knight of Cups and Death. There are alot of cards which seem to use similar imagery as ros has shown.
Aaaahhh yes, I see what you mean!

ros, please elaborate for us, thanks. XTAX

poivre

In my second post I describe what I was showing.

Also another example-

8 cups is night time & the person is walking away with a stick in his hand.
6 sword is daytime & the person is leaving in water with a stick in his hand also same direction.
One is on land the other in water.

They are different but the same.

In the 5 coins we see the window from the outside and in the 4 swords we see the window from the inside.

Just little things like this. I don't know if it makes much sense but it's fun to analyze.

Shalott

I was so intrigued when I noticed that the scene of the Moon is way in the background in Death, like it all takes place in the same village. So many clever little touches in this deck!