Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

From G6: YANKEE SWAP TRADING GAME - Notification Sign Up

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

BeyondtheVeil 
Citizen

Just a clarifying question...

I have a question. It says that we must be willing to pay for shipping "anywhere". I only want USA as shipping to other countries can be anywhere between $40 -80 dollars. I'm not down with that. lol So... if that is the rule... is it only for in your own country?.

If not, I will have to pass. Paying $40 to ship a $14-20 deck just is too much. I don't mind paying for Priority Flate Rate Shipping here in the USA though.

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #41
Citizen

sweetcherise13 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
I have a question. It says that we must be willing to pay for shipping "anywhere". I only want USA as shipping to other countries can be anywhere between $40 -80 dollars. I'm not down with that. lol So... if that is the rule... is it only for in your own country?.

If not, I will have to pass. Paying $40 to ship a $14-20 deck just is too much. I don't mind paying for Priority Flate Rate Shipping here in the USA though.

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil
I wasn't aware of some of the international shipping rates so I went and looked since you mentioned it, BeyondtheVeil. I agree that those prices are extremely high!
I also glanced at where most of the participants are located (so far that is), and it looks like there are one or two outside the USA.

So I'm pondering the same thing. I'm wanting to participate but I really can't if it is that much cost involved. Flat rate priority within the US, I'm good.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #42
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

I just shipped a deck to Canada on Monday and it was only $2 more than USPS Priority within the US. I'm not aware of where it would cost $40-80 to ship a deck? Is that real?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #43
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

It cost me 9.50 via USPS 1st class to send a deck to Canada. If you look at that chart in the attached link Canada is the cheapest the most expensive region is $13.50.

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c341
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #44
Citizen

Tarot dance 
Citizen
Unhappy

Quote:

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil
I kind of have to agree...I had to send decks to Europe and the UK after the 'Trade Train and it was expensive...the postal clerk said that international rates had gone up a lot...if use to be about $10 to mail a deck to the UK...I can't remember exactly what I paid when I last mailed a deck to UK...but I know it was more than $10 and I remember being shicked...so much so that I always check profiles to see where a person is before initiating a trade...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #45
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 View Post
It cost me 9.50 via USPS 1st class to send a deck to Canada. If you look at that chart in the attached link Canada is the cheapest the most expensive region is $13.50.

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarot dance View Post
I kind of have to agree...I had to send decks to Europe and the UK after the 'Trade Train and it was expensive...the postal clerk said that international rates had gone up a lot...if use to be about $10 to mail a deck to the UK...I can't remember exactly what I paid when I last mailed a deck to UK...but I know it was more than $10 and I remember being shicked...so much so that I always check profiles to see where a person is before initiating a trade...
Im not sure what service you all used, but the rates listed in the link above for International USPS 1st Class are between $9.50 and $13.50 for an average weight single deck. The trade games do cost shipping to play and you do have to be willing to let go decks.

✌🏻

G6
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #46
Citizen

BeyondtheVeil 
Citizen

Quote:
I just shipped a deck to Canada on Monday and it was only $2 more than USPS Priority within the US. I'm not aware of where it would cost $40-80 to ship a deck? Is that real?
Well.. there are a lot of places. Some are only $18- $20 but, for me, that is still too high. Demark from what a member here quoted me was $17/$18 shipping plus the cost of the deck they were selling. I declined the purchase. I can buy a brand new deck with free shipping for that. If I were really desperate then maybe. Another one is $55 dollars to ship. Same thing.. declined to trade as the shipping was way more than what a deck would be worth. Plus the point of trading is for fun not stress of being out money.

Canada isn't far and I know how cheap it is to ship. I was referring to you stating that everyone must be willing to ship 'anywhere". I don't as shipping costs are ridiculous to some parts of the world. I would be okay with USA and CANADA. I do reserve the right to decline anything more than $10 though. It doesn't make sense to spend and lose money on a trade. In my opinion at least.

I do appreciate you starting a trading type thread, but I won't be spending a lot of money to ship to someplace more than Priority Flate Rate in the USA. Sorry!

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #47
Citizen

BeyondtheVeil 
Citizen

Here is from the USPS website..... From the USA to the United Kingdom

Priority Mail International® Small Flat Rate Box

USPS-Produced Box: 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"

Maximum weight 4 pounds.

Select a Delivery Option Expected Delivery Day Retail Click-N-Ship®
Normal Delivery Time 6 - 10 business days to many major markets1,2 $33.95
$33.95

Where are you getting your prices? I'm sure by the time you added on insurance and tracking..it would add more to even your prices. Or do they come with insurance and/or tracking?

BTV
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #48
Citizen X

G6 
Citizen X

Quote:
Here is from the USPS website..... From the USA to the United Kingdom

Priority Mail International® Small Flat Rate Box

USPS-Produced Box: 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"

Maximum weight 4 pounds.

Select a Delivery Option Expected Delivery Day Retail Click-N-Ship®
Normal Delivery Time 6 - 10 business days to many major markets1,2 $33.95
$33.95

Where are you getting your prices? I'm sure by the time you added on insurance and tracking..it would add more to even your prices. Or do they come with insurance and/or tracking?

BTV
You are quoting the difference between Priority (costs more) and 1st Class (costs less).

✌🏻

G6
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #49
Citizen

BeyondtheVeil 
Citizen

Quote:
You are quoting the difference between Priority (costs more) and 1st Class (costs less).

G6
Yes because that is all that it is giving me. I clicked on International First Class and the ONLY options are Priority. Can you please send me the link that you are using?

Denmark is $33.95 as well. Also.. how much is insurance and tracking on the quotes that you are giving? If the trade doesn't make it..the sender is out of shipping and the deck. I ship it insured for my protection and tracking to prove it was sent and delivered. It also helps the post office track it. Though you won't get it back, but you will have the insurance to protect yourself from any losses/damages/etc. The $33.95 does not include the tracking or insurance.

If you can find a much cheaper option for that, then it would be great. My hold up is the ridiculous cost to ship internationally. I don't consider Canada across the ocean or internationally.

Brightest Blessings,
BeyondtheVeil
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #50

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.