Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Rada -- Mambo

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > New Orleans Voodoo Tarot

Citizen

afrosaxon 
Citizen

Rada -- Mambo

I rather like this card:

http://alpha.mxat.ru/WWPCM/decks05/d02446/d02446sQ.jpg

Rada -- Mambo is equivalent to the Queen of Swords in the RW.

The card shows a woman holding a BIG sword in her left hand, and the severed head of an enemy in the other. She has a slight smirk on her face and the coiled snake (which symbolized Damballah) sits atop her head. The purple and gold tones of the card are oddly soothing.

This card represents the shedding and stripping away of illusions (the severed head). Knowledge and wisdom rule (the coiled snake atop the head, right where the crown chakra is...notice that the snake's tongue is directly over the Third Eye). The purplish background is another nod to the Crown Chakra. The sword, then, can be seen as the Sword of Truth, cutting out lies and deception so that the truth of a matter or person can be seen. The Mambo does this in grace...there is nothing overtly violent about this card other than that severed head (but at least it's not dripping blood or anything). She wears gold-toned clothing...royalty? Wisdom and Knowledge are golden?

Gold is associated with wealth, power, self-confidence, love, and faithfulness. This can also be associated with the Golden Rule, and also the phrase “silence is golden” (the Mambo isn’t talking).

Thoughts?
Attached Images

Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Resident

elkahib 
Resident

I think this card brings the message of clearing your way of thinking on a situation.

When the Rada Mambo cuts off the head, it doesn't bleed - it was already dead, and therefore needed to be cut away. This would link to the point you raised about the snake's tongue being over the third eye.

El.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

I've often found myself to be the Queen of Swords in most decks. Especially in the past. This card is kind of gruesome but as elkahib said, the neck isn't bleeding so it may be that the head was already severed and dead. I don't recall every chopping someone's head off, but I do it metaphorically, I suppose, if I speak without thinking and cut someone else's ideas off short or say something short and cutting if I'm annoyed. I try to be more mellow and diplomatic than that in my old age, but it still happens.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.