Faeries Journal or Log Books

DragonFae

Hopefully I am not duplicating a thread but I didn't see one on this topic unless I missed it...I am curious as to if you journal or keep a log book of spreads, thoughts, reflections or whatever about the faeries...I have two journals going at this point...one contains the book exercises that are to be completed...The Favorite, Least and Universal...as well as a page for each Faerie to record thoughts ideas etc....about the cards...The other is a log book for jotting down spread ideas or thoughts about daily card reads or other readings...its getting quite full...LOL...

1. What type of journal or log do you keep?
2. How do you use it to create a closer connection to the faeries?
3. Do you feel that writing enriches your understandings of the card meanings?

Jewel

DragonFae said:
1. What type of journal or log do you keep?
Now days I don't keep one on the faeries, I filled up two journals though. My first journal has all the exercises I did when I first got the deck some 7 years ago (or however long, I can't remember anymore). I also wrote about my daily card in there. I would also just free style journal about them. Then they quit being cards and came to life ....

Now I only record my faerie seeker readings or readings I do for others with the deck. I don't read for myself with it, I just talk to the faeries when I want to consult them. If I ever re-do the book exercises again (which with me is always a possiblity I have done them twice already) I will record those in one of my existing journals.

I am not huge into designing spreads, but I do ocassionally write some short stories. I know I wrote a few using the Faeries Oracle and am pretty sure I recorded them in whatever journal I was using for this deck at the time.
DragonFae said:
2. How do you use it to create a closer connection to the faeries?
Doing the exercises really showed me that I understood them more than I gave myself credit for, plus I just like journaling period. It was the exercises themselves, not the journaling that brought the close connection between me and the faeries.
DragonFae said:
3. Do you feel that writing enriches your understandings of the card meanings?
Yes I do. I have actually adopted the exercises from the faeries oracle book in the exploration of other oracles and I have found that approaching other decks like I did this has opened a broad range of oracle decks that I am comfortable reading with. I am actually currnetly doing this with the Victorian Flower Oracle.

P.S. the only other deck to ever come alive like the faeries oracle is the Dragon Fae. The other decks I have used journaling and these exercises with I have simply gained a greater understanding of and an increased comfort level.

faunabay

Like Jewel I used to journal with them. I would keep track of the readings I did with the deck.

Unlike Jewel though I used to do my own spreads quite alot. I used to do quite a few of the spreads talked about in the book.....the no layout fae kind of spread. You know just lay the cards down in any which way that seems right and read them that way. :p It was very interesting and the faeries led me to make some nice discoverys that way.

Now though I've worked with them for so long I no longer need to journal. And again like Jewel, they've become real for me so I just sit down and draw a card and talk to them.

I know the cards well enough that I don't even need the actual cards to picture one of them and talk through things with him/her/it. :laugh:

But I got to this point by journaling, doing the exercises in the book, and just listening to my intuition and what they had to tell me.

Jewel

faunabay said:
I know the cards well enough that I don't even need the actual cards to picture one of them and talk through things with him/her/it. :laugh:

But I got to this point by journaling, doing the exercises in the book, and just listening to my intuition and what they had to tell me.
Yeah that is what I was trying to say! *LOL*