Are you sharing your Faeries?

Logiatrix

My FO is the first non-tarot-type deck that I have been comfortable with in a very long time.
My last oracle deck was Doreen Virtue's "Healing With The Angels Oracle."
I was able to read with this deck very quickly, and I did readings for myself and others, no hesitation, no problem.
I also enjoyed Virtue's "Messages" and the "Faeries," with the same good results.
But after about three years, the specific images and general style of all the Virtue decks grew stale to me.
I still highly recommend these oracle decks, but I've personally needed to move on.
So, that's what finally brought me to Froud's Faeries...
I've worked (played!) very hard at getting to know these cards, and now they work very well for me.
The Faeries are especially helpful to me in the material realm.
They help me to get clear about tasks I need to accomplish, and to stir up the desire to get it all done.
The Faeries are also very comforting when I am struggling with my physical challenge and the chemotherapy necessary to control it. They don't let me whine or wallow in my pain!
Essentially, my relationship with the FO is wonderful, except...
I DON'T WANT TO SHARE! })
I will let people look at my cards, but I've been putting off requests for readings...
Quite frankly, I don't forsee ever wanting to!
Am I bad?
Has anyone else here read for others with their FO?
Just wondering...
:)

lark

I'm a selfish shellfish, as my kids used to say.

I have never admitted this before but, no I have never read for anyone with my Faerie's Oracle. They're messages just seem to personal to me. I have never even shown anyone my FO and offered it as a choice for a reading. And I don't think that will ever change. I like having this one all to myself. I have so many other decks for people to chose from I feel I can be a little selfish with this one.

Besides my faeries are of the unruly, mischievous nature and I know they wouldn't behave well in public.

Astraea

No, you're not bad! Particularly since you are in the midst of a personal challenge, perhaps your Faeries just want to stay close for now. My Faeries seem very private to me, too, and I've never read for others with them -- though I know folks who do, and receive a great deal of joy in the process. Somehow, Froud's Faeries manage to communicate to each of us their preferred mode of interaction, and I find it's best to go with that flow.

Octopus

I held several readings for others with my FO and see nothing 'bad' in it. Those were not for general public, but for people I knew for some time. The FO seems to catch even the slightest hint about a person, so I found it suitable to hold a reading on-line couple of times with it. Although I did those readings for others, my communication with faeries stays as intimate as it was. And since it has a wonderful ability to cleanse itself of the information (I believe someone mentioned it earlier), I am not overwhelmed with chunks of useless at the moment info that was left on cards after a reading (Rider-Waite deck needs to be cleansed (in my experience)). Also I know a woman who reads with FO for public (not for everyone though ;)). She is ok with it too. :)

Perhaps, there's nothing bad in keeping a deck only for yourself, as Astaea has already mentioned. Noone forces you to share EVERYTHING. So it is ok. :)

sagitarian

Professional reader...

Hi, my name is Sagitarian, and I'm a reader. I'm addicted to faerie.

I work as a professional reader, and the main deck I use is the FO deck. I feel SO connected with them, and they have so much they want to share with everyone else (around me) that they won't keep quiet. And oh boy, if there is someone they say that NEEDS a reading, paid or not, i'm doing a reading for them. When they have a message to give, and I"m to be the messenger, there is NO telling them no. Thankfully this has only happend a few times (and my employer is VERY understanding).

Is it bad to keep this as a personal deck? NO WAY. Faeries are like personal guides, nature angels (as Doreen Virtue explains). There is nothing wrong with keeping such personal guides...personal. We often feel like practicing solitary when we feel that something connects with us closely, there's nothing wrong with that at all. If your faeries have messages for others, BELIEVE ME they will let you know.

As for behaving...heck no. They've cracked chairs, spilled a jar of paint (breaking the container) misplaced items, played in my co workers hair and make up, you name it the list goes on. People will drop things, and I can't help but to notice and smile..innocently of course, as my friends around me curse under their breath for just staining something, or spilling their drink, and oh boy believe me when I say the include me in on all this fun too! Their pranks are often reflected on me. But they also know when it's time to be serious, and they certainly do help me immensly as guides when giving readings and messages.

Other decks I use are healing with the faeries (by Doreen Virtue), and the Universal Waite deck. My personal deck is my celtic dragon tarot. So I too have a deck just for me, it's just not the FO deck.

Shadow Wolf

I haven't yet, I've barely gotten to look at them.

Before my deck arrived I was sooooooooo jealous of all of you.
I wanted to experiecne fairies too. Well, I can't say I wasn't warned !!!!!

They are relentless, and the all seem to work together.
Each one gives you the initial nudge you need to get you moving in the right direction and you find your self actually getting on with things when before you were stuck in a rut you thought you'd never get out of !!!

And the magic of the fairies is that the changes you make you make on your own, they seem like a natural progression, I guess the make us realize that we really have nothing to fear and a lot to gain by making these changes !!!!

I've had the Fairy Oracle for one week-end, and they have already changed my life for the better.

I would like to keep them to myself for awhile, until I learn more about them , but after that, I have no problem sharing them !!!!

devan_faery

generally i let anyone handle my FO deck. i don't keep them in a container, they either sit on my window sill in my bedroom, or are in the living room with an amethyst crystal placed on top of them, so basically they aren't hidden from anyone who might pay a visit to my house. i like it this way. hopefully whoever picks up the deck will find their life enriched by the wonderful artwork on the cards, and maybe the fae themselves will start to play a part in that persons life too. it's the same with all my divination decks, they are all free for anyone to handle. some ppl right now might be thinking "oh no, what about all those different energies picked up by the cards?? cleanse! cleanse!"
i don't see my cards like this, divination decks are just a tool for your mind to work, there is no power/energy in the cards, it's your mind that has the ability, they are just pieces of card for goodness sake! obviously people can believe what they want, and i hope i'm not personally getting at anyone here, but thats my own belief/opinion.

fae blessings
devan

Magick Rainbow

I loved reading all the posts here!

I have done lots of readings for people with my FO. I use "Healing with the Fairies" by Doreen Virtue. They are very beautiful cards and are easy to read. I have felt I want to go into a more in depth readings and that's one reason why I am learning tarot.

I don't let anyone touch my cards, I see them as mine and I do take care in cleansing my cards as well as crystals etc. I believe everything carries and picks up energy. That's my personal view and I do have a ritual that I do before I do readings too.
I often turn to my FO when I am in search of answers and the Fae never cease to amaze me. They are my best friends!

Dark_angel

I don't like people touching my cards unless I know them and know that they won't damage them. I do use my FO in virtually every reading - usually drawing one as an advisor of sorts; they're always spot on!

Ruby Red Slippers

I've started using the Fae at the end of a reading. While the client is shuffling the deck I shuffle the Faeries, and put the deck aside.

At the end of the tarot reading (currently using the Tarot of Prague), I say, "let's see what the faeries have to say"? Then I turn over the top faeries card. It has been spot on every time!

I like to give it to the client and ask them to tell me what they see. It has become a wonderful interactive way to end a session. Sometimes the tarot cards are so unusal for people. But everyone has some impression of faeries.

I love sharing the magic of them. I hope that I feel comfortable enough someday to do a full reading with them. I so admire Sagitarian!

But to each his own, it is the beauty of spirit world!

RRS

P.S. Am so excited...I ordered the Farey Godmother and Epona's Wild Daughter prints from the Froud site. They are just beautiful! I love seeing them on the wall!