Golden Tarot: Visconti-Sforza

mrpants

Has anyone here picked up the new golden tarot: visconti-sforza kit? Thoughts? I've never had one of these styles in my collection, and this one looks pretty nice...

Le Fanu

Ther's a thread here. I have bought it. It's on its way so I cannot post impressions yet but gregory posted some thoughts in the linked thread.

mrpants

Ooh thanks Fanu. Great thread, and very helpful video link within. Man, they're big cards.

Le Fanu

I received this set this week.

It is an excellent purchase. Good quality in very single way. I'm not including the "satin" reading cloth as even without that it would be excellent value for money.

Everything about it is beautiful; production, colouring, cardstock, book, outer box, inner box (which even has the LoS style box so the cards don't stick on the flap when you're trying to put them back in again).

Really faultless. I like the fact that it isn't blingy, but golden in just the right amount. The reconstructions are well done. Only slight problem is that I have big hands and there are very few decks I have difficulty shuffling. The Rohrig is one, this is another. It's just a little too long for my handspan, but, I'll have to do it with the cards shuffled top to bottom.

But a beautiful and informative set. Anyone who is curious about using the Visconti-Sforza deck and wants a decent amount of background information in order to work with it, couldn't do much better than this.

Rosanne

Thanks Le fanu for that report. Because I use this deck all the time- I am off to find it here, or find one of my friends with an Amazon Account. I like the idea of the size myself, the other repro from USG seems like a playing card deck, and although originally I liked the attempt to recreate the bling- it seemed after 5 minutes- tiring.
This is up my alley, I have not bought a new deck for a few years.
~Rosanne

Le Fanu

The other repro, do you mean Lo scarabeo? That was a smaller size, but I don't know of a smaller U.S games deck edition.

These images have been retouched slightly and very sensitively. It looks much less retouched than the Lo Scarabeo edition and feels more genuinely "old" rather than restored.

Rosanne

oops, yes Lo Scaraboro, my apologies. So bigger than those?
I read in one review, that the images were somewhat off center in some cards?
I am hoping there are no titles.
~Rosanne

Le Fanu

Oh yes, bigger than those. Must be bigger than the U.S Games edition because I don't remember having difficulty shuffling those. In fact, the only deck I have difficulty shuffling is the Rohrig so it must be that size-

No titles and I don't recall seeing anything off-centre. If some cards are, I didn't notice it. I'll have another look.

gregory

Oh yes, bigger than those. Must be bigger than the U.S Games edition because I don't remember having difficulty shuffling those. In fact, the only deck I have difficulty shuffling is the Rohrig so it must be that size-

No titles and I don't recall seeing anything off-centre. If some cards are, I didn't notice it. I'll have another look.

It's the same size as MY USG one.... :confused: but the card stock is heavier, so maybe that's why it is so hard to shuffle.

Le Fanu

It's the same size as MY USG one.... :confused: but the card stock is heavier, so maybe that's why it is so hard to shuffle.
ah, ok. Glad you ckecked. I must have weak wrists...