Sabian Symbols Study Group: Leo 3 - #123

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 3
Number: 123

Symbol: A MATURE WOMAN, KEEPING UP WITH THE TIMES, HAVING HER HAIR BOBBED.

MCsea

Jones Key Word: Decision
Jane Ridder-Patrick: Right coronary artery
Crystal : Pyrolusite Pyrolusite is the name for black, hair-like manganese crystals. Pyrolusite improves self-image and acceptance through enhancing depth of perception.

Briefly I see this as a physical transformation - again from the head - cutting hair (samson and his hair cut comes to mind - genereal health and well being physical strenght) making the decision to change... and asking for 'professional help'
Personal choices - from the mind - changing the focus - intention to change outcomes. New concepts, fashionable ideas.... personalities, social acceptances and choosing what is available.

MARINA

tink27

MCsea said:
Jones Key Word: Decision
Jane Ridder-Patrick: Right coronary artery
Crystal : Pyrolusite Pyrolusite is the name for black, hair-like manganese crystals. Pyrolusite improves self-image and acceptance through enhancing depth of perception.

Briefly I see this as a physical transformation - again from the head - cutting hair (samson and his hair cut comes to mind - genereal health and well being physical strenght) making the decision to change... and asking for 'professional help'
Personal choices - from the mind - changing the focus - intention to change outcomes. New concepts, fashionable ideas.... personalities, social acceptances and choosing what is available.

MARINA

Ohh I love this crystal you picked here, Pyrolusite! Is it easily obtained? Do most metaphysical stores and crystal shops carry this? In other words, is it a rare stone.

From the previous symbol we are at the begining stage to call our Spirit back from all the places it has unknowingly been directed. This 'could' be the start of gaining Dominion over ourselves. And it begins with as you say a physical transformation that also begins an inner transformation.

this is a cool site!

http://www.hairarchives.com/private/1920s.htm

Hairstyles of the 1920s created more controversy in hair fashion than in any other period of American culture. And one hairstyle, known simply as "the bob,” would be at the center of this great debate. First introduced during the Great War, the bob haircut would eventually cause a revolution in the way women would wear their hair forevermore.

A change of consciousness has begun!! What we see here is a healthy expression of our sensualities, our expressiveness, our sensitivities, our seductive qualities.....bobbing away from the familiar rhythms and habits of expression on an individual and massive scale!

tink

p.s. trends are collective, and if we aren't consciously aware, we could be investing ourselves into other peoples way of thinking (group thought). Be trendy but maintain your originality.

MCsea

Hi Tink

Pyrolusite is easily available - but not from new age shops - more a mineral collector thing - not too expensive either
It comes in a variety of forms, but I feel each form has different properties, this form dendritic - you can get in agate too... very similar in energy I have some in calcite - very good...

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 291

MCsea

Leo 3
Birthdays: July 24th–26th
Numerology: 123
Sabian Symbol: A woman having her hair bobbed
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Decision
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Right coronary artery
Crystal Element: Pyrolusite
Expression: Pyrolusite is the name for black, hair-like, manganese crystals. Pyrolusite improves self-image and acceptance through enhancing depth of perception.
Message: Physically transforming, reflecting heart-felt personal choices.
Sun Focus: You evaluate new concepts, eliminate old belief systems, and promote new ideas.
Affirmation: I resolve to be attractive in my physical and spiritual appearance.