The never ending what time was I born question

Sonic

I have gone through this over and over with my mother. I have NO idea what time I was born and have no idea how to get that information because it's not on the duplicated birth certificate I got from the records office.

How badly does this effect one's astrological chart reading? I would think it is a very big deal but this is not my forte so I am asking the experts!

Thank you kindly

memries

There is this neat site on the internet.. an Astrological site obviously. I will find it after and post the address to you.

Anyway, it is free and you can try all the different groups of times and I chose the one that fit me best. There was not much of a contest between the times. It was pretty clear. I also eventually ordered an Astrological Chart for a new baby. It arrived and was a beautiful book, bound in leather. I thought it was a really nice gift for a couple who have everything.

Maybe someone else will have a better idea but that worked for me.

It is Astro Dienst at www.astro.com
When you get there use Free Horoscopes and they ask for your information. Guess at a time and it comes up, you read it and progress from there, choosing a new time. You will see they are very different.
I had a general idea I was born in the am so that helped. Good Luck.

star-lover

try and get your mother to at least remember what quarter of the day it was - must be something she remembers - that way at least you will narrow down the moon placing as much as possible

and you will have fewer possible rising sign possibilities

what you won't be able to do without an exact time is know what houses the planets fall into

i wonder if the hospital would have kept a record - maybe try giving them a ring

dadsnook2000

For Sonic

It is possible to find a "workable" birth time in many cases. For the general interest of those who follow this forum, I can assist you in this endeavor. No promises, but the process often works out well if it is taken one step at a time.

FIRST STEP: Identifying personality and emotional traits.

Using a newspaper or magazine horoscope column of "Sun Signs", do two things:

** Identify which one or two signs that seem to somewhat fit your personality in terms of how you act and talk. Your personality often incorporates qualities of your Ascendant or rising sign. This may pinpoint your birth time within a couple of hours.

** The other thing to do is to find the one or two sign meanings that relate to how you feel or react emotionally to others and to events that happen to you. Emotions relate to your Moon sign. If your possible birth time involves a change in the Moon's birth sign or making/breaking a strong aspect to other planets, this may help refine your birth time.

It would help to post your birth date and location. After you do these things, we will take some other steps.

Dave

Sonic

I will try all of the below:

Mem thanks!
Star I will do - her memory is horrible!
Dave can I send it in a pm?

avalonian

I have heard of people finding out a time of birth by dowsing with a pendulum, might be worth a try, or you may be able to find someone to do that for you.

dadsnook2000

For Sonic

Yes, you can PM me your birth data but my offer was to use this process to show others how rectification might be done. There are many ways to do it, and some of my usual methods wouldn't be helpful to the capability levels of most participants on Aecletic Tarot -- remember, this isn't an astrology group in the same way that some site are. So, if you send me the data, I will use it but keep it somewhat non-specific.

Of course, anyone with knowledge can reverse-calculate a chart's time and location, so nothing is secret from a capable astrologer. Dave.

Waterfaery

If you need a guinea pig as an example, you can use me. I'd like to know your method of figuring that out.

Starling

Years ago my sister did my chart and came up with a Leo rising chart. It just didn't feel right. I moved my birth time about half an hour and ended up with a 29 degree Cancer rising chart, and that definately did work. There is no actual birth time on my official birth certificate or the hospital certificate they gave my mother. All I knew was that "the children were in school when I was born." My sister went with a morning birth time and since she is significatly older than I am she might actually have had a pretty good idea of when it was.

My point is that if you can come up with a rough time of birth, it really is possible to adjust it until either the rising sign or the house placement of a planet makes the chart work. In my case none of the house placements changed. Just that tiny bit of Cancer showing up.

celticnoodle

memries said:
There is this neat site on the internet.. an Astrological site obviously. I will find it after and post the address to you.

Anyway, it is free and you can try all the different groups of times and I chose the one that fit me best. There was not much of a contest between the times. It was pretty clear. I also eventually ordered an Astrological Chart for a new baby. It arrived and was a beautiful book, bound in leather. I thought it was a really nice gift for a couple who have everything.

Maybe someone else will have a better idea but that worked for me.

It is Astro Dienst at www.astro.com
When you get there use Free Horoscopes and they ask for your information. Guess at a time and it comes up, you read it and progress from there, choosing a new time. You will see they are very different.
I had a general idea I was born in the am so that helped. Good Luck.
oh thank you, memries! i hope to order one for my future grandbaby when 'she' is born in March/April. My sister got one over 25yrs. ago for her son, and it was incredibly accurate. I want to do the same for my grandbaby, and glad to hear you liked your purchase.