On progressing, does location need adjusted?

marigold's

Just fine-tuning, but with progressing a natal chart, should the new place of residence be considered if it is, say, nearly from one side of the U.S. to the other?

Thanks!
Marigold

dadsnook2000

First things first . . .

Your question about progressions needs to be preceded by another question! Which natal chart are you using? Are you working with the birth chart cast for the birth location --- or are you using a relocated birth chart? Which chart fits you best at this new location? Have you lived in the new location for awhile, do you resonate with the new location, have you firmly built a life there that is likely to be sustained there, do you no longer identify with the birth location?

The "progressed" chart is just that; you progress the birth chart. If the original birth chart continues to be the most valid for you, you progress that chart. If the relocated chart works best, now, for you then you progress that chart. The question really is all about the birth chart.

Dave

Minderwiz

I agree with Dave - the key things to consider are whether the re-location is seen as permanent and whether the native sees themselves as now identifying with the new location.

Personally, I would not relocate the chart unless the answers to the above questions were both a strong 'yes'. For example, I have a friend born in the UK and who has lived most of her life here, some ten years ago her husband (also born and raised in the UK) got a job in New York. For the first year or so I used her UK birth chart for any work that I did for her.

However it became clear that she began to see the move as permanent and loved her new life style. Despite the couple divorcing she still sees her future in the US. For the last few years I have used a relocated chart for her and find that that chart works much better than the original for any predictive work.

marigold's

Hi Minderwiz and dadsnook2000 : )

Thanks for writing! I had to smile when I read your posts, they make so much sense! I was born in the midwest right along a river & have always identified that as "home"--in fact, everybody/everything I loved most lived within a 1/2 mile of our house! : ) Then our family moved to the desert : ) and not having much family anywhere else, I've stayed (lol, out here it's a 1/2 mile just to get a gallon of milk! From 100% humidity to 10%!) And while we've been here over a decade I barely learned the street names because I've always figured, "Oh, this is just a temporary layover to someplace else!" Nobody figured we'd stay here this long. It's like being a tourist here, so you see why I smiled : ) I've no idea where "someplace else" is, but I'm here for now : ) I'll run both charts & see which resonates, although I'm guessing I already know which one it'll be : )

Thank you both! : )

Very much : )

Marigold