It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #4

Farzon

Thanks, ana-luisa, this helps.

To me Ciro's art looks like the illustrations in European power metal booklets, like Sonata Arctica. I like Sonata, btw.... That's why I find his artworks terrible and enchanting at the same time! :D

I'm not into oracle cards, so I'll go for the Legacy of the Divine. I like the Death card more than that of the Tarot of Dreams.

Cocobird55

Legacy of the Divine

I have all of Ciro's decks, and I find this one the easiest to read with. I do like all the others, too. The book is quite interesting and fun, too. Not your usual companion book.

I´m seriously thinking about buying one of Ciro Marchettis Decks, hte Legacy of the Divine, most probably. They are so colourful and full of fantasy, but oh... sooooo cheesy!

Will someone enable me?

Thoughtful

l love Ciro's decks and will soon be completing my collection with Legacy of the Divine. l don't find them cheesy at all. My favourite is Tarot of Dreams and l believe that it is going on the mass market soon. The readings l have given with Ciro's decks have been really accurate, there is so much to see in each card which really brings the reading to life. Maybe l am biased but l feel everyone should have at least one of his tarot's :laugh:

Pam O

I'd also be happy to enable the Illuminati, I had this deck first as an app and used it daily for a good few weeks then decided to order the deck and book set. I wasn't disappointed, I also don't find it garish, it is busy, colourful, and very pretty usually I don't read well with pretty decks but this is the exception - it reads very well. It's not a fluffy deck despite its appearance. I once described the Morgan Greer as being like an iron fist inside a velvet glove because of the readings it would give and the Illuminati is the same. Also the size and gilded edges are just right for me. :)

App for Illumnati?!? Where would it be found? :)

I have not brought myself to spring for the Illumnati in the card version. I was thinking the art might be great on an app and I would love to hear feedback about the app? Is it an excellent app? great? good? ok?

Thanks!

Pam O

I´m seriously thinking about buying one of Ciro Marchettis Decks, hte Legacy of the Divine, most probably. They are so colourful and full of fantasy, but oh... sooooo cheesy!

Will someone enable me?

I now have every one of Ciro's decks. I held off for a long time, but I stumbled on Legacy of Devine at one of the Reader's Studio New York conventions, and one lead to another.

I get great readings from Ciro's decks. When I do public readings, his Gilded is the one many people choose, expecially Newbies. And that makes sense in one way that Ciro was actually a Newbie when he designed the Gilded.

I do like his later decks because Ciro added many more layers in the images as his knowledge deepened. ... and I do enjoy that 8 of Pents referred to in an earlier post. :)

In summary, I am glad I finally ended up experiencing reading with Ciro's decks.

Farzon

So many reactions...
Consider new enabled for a super-cheesy-color-overload-legacy deck! :D

kalliope

App for Illumnati?!? Where would it be found? :)

I have not brought myself to spring for the Illumnati in the card version. I was thinking the art might be great on an app and I would love to hear feedback about the app? Is it an excellent app? great? good? ok?

Thanks!

Pam, the app is for Android, and is made by the same folks (Galaxy Tone) who make the Galaxy Tarot, CBD TdM, Darkana, and Gypsy Palace Tarot apps. They're well designed apps with great functionality, and are second only to Fool's Dog in usability.

The Galaxy Tarot free version features a redrawn RWS, so you could try it out to see if you get on with the type of apps they produce. The paid versions add more card spreads. Just FYI, the Galaxy Tone apps require you to save your readings into your journal, they don't save automatically like the FD apps do. (There are pros & cons to each approach, I just wouldn't want you to assume they'd be saved and then find you're missing your readings!)

Pam O

Pam, the app is for Android, and is made by the same folks (Galaxy Tone) who make the Galaxy Tarot, CBD TdM, Darkana, and Gypsy Palace Tarot apps. They're well designed apps with great functionality, and are second only to Fool's Dog in usability.

The Galaxy Tarot free version features a redrawn RWS, so you could try it out to see if you get on with the type of apps they produce. The paid versions add more card spreads. Just FYI, the Galaxy Tone apps require you to save your readings into your journal, they don't save automatically like the FD apps do. (There are pros & cons to each approach, I just wouldn't want you to assume they'd be saved and then find you're missing your readings!)

THANKS for the info! I have the Galaxy Tone CBD. It is a creative app with comfortable browsing that I like. I have not got a lot of Android apps because the phone screen is so much smaller than my iPad.

Does anyone know:
Is there a way to use Android apps on a regular computer or laptop?

Emily

I'm not sure if you can use apps on a laptop. I use the Illuminati on my phone which is a Galaxy Note 3 and also on my tablet - I think it would depend on your size of screen on your mobile. But it is a brilliant app to use, so much information, most of it taken from the companion book, lots of different spreads, the ability to have the app send you your daily card, and to save your readings. I'm very pleased with it but it also enabled me for the deck proper.

Myrrha

Robert Place Vampires...should I or shouldn't I? Or is there another vampire deck I should look at instead? I have Vampires of the Eternal Night only.

It is very different from the VotEN so you wouldn't need to worry about redundancy. The Place vampire deck is quite a bit drier and more literary. The VotEN is more swirling and emotional, you're IN the horror and the darkness while with the Place deck you're reading about it and it is safely at a distance.

The Place deck courts are people like Bram Stoker; Ellen Terry, an actress at the theater where Stoker worked; other literary figures and 19th c. fictional vampire characters. The courts took me a long time to appreciate but now they seem to add something to the readings, maybe because most of them are actual, specific people rather than abstractions like "King of Pentacles"

If you go by the book meanings it pretty much follows RWS but the pictures are quite different and can add nuances or even take the interpretation in another direction. I like that about the deck, major plus.

It is an interestingly psychological deck. The book talks about Jungian ideas of the four personality types, the anima and animus, the shadow. In my daily readings, even if I don't pay too much attention to this it seems to speak on a psychological level.

Bottom line, it is a gorgeous and interesting deck, definitely worth having. I am not especially interested in vampires but still find it a great deck. It did take me some time to warm up to it though as it is somewhat dry and reserved.