Light Grey Art Lab's Cosmos Tarot and Oracle Set

AnjouTwo

I stopped by their studio to pick up a deck, and I am happy to report that the quality of the cards is very high. Slightly glossy, with delightful gold touches, they are a real pleasure to hold. The color reproduction is excellent. The booklet is a bit more basic but comprehensive and charming. Everyone at The Light Grey Art Lab seemed very excited about this project, and they mounted a lovely exhibit to celebrate the art work.

rylla

I stopped by their studio to pick up a deck, and I am happy to report that the quality of the cards is very high. Slightly glossy, with delightful gold touches, they are a real pleasure to hold. The color reproduction is excellent. The booklet is a bit more basic but comprehensive and charming. Everyone at The Light Grey Art Lab seemed very excited about this project, and they mounted a lovely exhibit to celebrate the art work.

How well do you think this deck works as a tarot reading deck?

rylla

rylla

rylla

skyfiery

I looked through the images when they opened up for pre-orders, didn't feel any draw to them, saw that orders had opened today, took a look again, and placed an order within ten minutes. Lol.

Amazing how opinions towards decks change sometimes.

AnjouTwo

I think it depends on your reading style and what you want from a deck. The Cosmos Tarot is a collaborative effort, and therefore the illustrations are diverse (sometimes wildly so). If you're really reliant on imagery for intuitive reading, some of these cards might be a challenge. There's a fair amount of text on the cards, and if you don't like keywords this might prove problematic.

rylla

Thank you for these info AnjouTwo, they are very helpful.

aquestionmark

Oh my, this set just came in the mail today and the cardstock is fantastic! It does have a chemical odor but that will go away.

My knowledge of astrology is very limited so I cannot yet speak to the overall system of the deck. It feels that these two decks would be good companions to the Ostara deck because they have a similar hand drawn collective vibe. I wish the Ostara had cardstock like this set!

Each card in this set sparks a movie in my head as I flip through the deck. I'm usually not a keyword person but the keywords on the deck are quite small and unobtrusive. I am interested what others have to say, especially those who have more knowledge of astrology..

Tarotwolf

I too have no experience with astrology so I can't say if the cards and constellations match up or not. The Golden Dawn astrological pairings don't seem to have been used at all. I'm also not sure why they swiched the Sun to #17 and the Star to #19? The images on most of the cards have no similarity to traditional tarot images and the booklet doesn't say much to help explain what the artists were going after. It would be great if they could have each of the artists share their inspiration and thoughts, behind their artwork, on Light Grey's website.

O.K., now all that stuff is out of the way - the cards are beautiful! Absolutely stunning!