Bonefire Tarot- From Schiffer Publishing.

G6

Interesting!
Nevertheless be careful before you trim, all the images (paintings) haven't exactly the same size; I think the bigger is the image on the 9 of Swords, but I don't remember exactly, it's something to check.

Yeah, I'm going to think about it because the backs wont match up either and unless I ditch the titles and do a thin black border all the way around I'm not gaining or rather losing that much on the height. Thanks for the info.

✌🏻

G6

G6

To Trim or Not to Trim...

Weird, the length of this deck is no different from a standard USG or LoScar, but why does it feel so awkward when the width doesn't really matter. Is it the thickness of the cards? Optically it doesn't look much different stacked up to another deck. I can't figure it out just yet, but I don't think trimming will resolve the awkwardness.

decan

That's true , the external borders aren't really large while the whole deck is quite thick.
I chose to trim the whole (with titles), because in this deck -and it is a particularity- the titles are also within each image/painting.
At first it isn't always easy to identify where is the title in each card, because it can be written discretely in a few cards, but for someone who uses this deck regularly it isn't a problem I think.
I have two copies of this deck, one regular and one trimmed.

If I edge it one day, I don't know, maybe silver/metal, I'm not sure. The art is a bit special ("urban"?), so probably I won't use a color too conventional.

G6

That's true , the external borders aren't really large while the whole deck is quite thick.
I chose to trim the whole (with titles), because in this deck -and it is a particularity- the titles are also within each image/painting.
At first it isn't always easy to identify where is the title in each card, because it can be written discretely in a few cards, but for someone who uses this deck regularly it isn't a problem I think.
I have two copies of this deck, one regular and one trimmed.

If I edge it one day, I don't know, maybe silver/metal, I'm not sure. The art is a bit special ("urban"?), so probably I won't use a color too conventional.

The more I shuffle the more I think it is a cardstock thing. I appreciate that Schiffer makes these decks more substantial, but it's not the greatest fit for me because I shuffle A LOT. You are right the titles are unneccessary for someone familiar with tarot. If I had two decks I would do the same, but I would cut a thin black border. I wouldn't like the card back designs all wonky though. We'll see...