Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

8 of pentacles and Hierophant as relationship potential

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards


 
tarot_quest's Avatar
tarot_quest  tarot_quest is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 May 2015
Location: Either on my couch or my kitchen table
Posts: 2,487
tarot_quest 
Citizen

tarot_quest's Avatar
8 of pentacles and Hierophant as relationship potential


Hi guys!

There I am. There is this new guy in my life and I know that he has an interest in me, but I can't decide if I should date him or not... The reason is that he is a bit immature even if he seems to be a good person (nothing unmanageable I think, he is a bit younger than me).

So part of a larger spread, I asked what is our ''relationship potential'', and I got 8 of pentacles + Hierophant. I interpret it as working on details (perhaps endlessly?, to the point of exhaustion = 8 of pentacles) to get to a committed relationship (Hierophant).

I don't know. It might sound stupid but I don't want to start something that was ''off'' from the beginning. He is also doing nice things for me, but I don't know if he is serious or a player type (I really don't! Another girl where I work thinks he is).

What do you guys think? I also received the 8 of pentacles multiple times when asking about him. Thanks!
Top   #1
Sar's Avatar
Sar  Sar is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 21 Nov 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 3,931
Sar 
Citizen

Sar's Avatar

someone got lead by a very rigid leader (8/Pents+Hierophant).
Top   #2
Esk's Avatar
Esk  Esk is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 May 2014
Location: France
Posts: 1,746
Esk 
Citizen

Esk's Avatar

Is he a colleague, or a student at the same university? It seems to me the potential is only about work and platonic.
Top   #3
JDusk  JDusk is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 27 May 2013
Location: New York, US
Posts: 74
JDusk 
Resident

Hierophant has a lot of connotations of guidance or teaching, and since you say he is a bit immature, I suspect you would spend much of the relationship trying to guide him and get him to mature. 8 of Pentacles could suggest there's a lot of work involved in this. I would be cautious about this being more of a mentor-student relationship than a passionate romantic relationship.
Top   #4
tarot_quest's Avatar
tarot_quest  tarot_quest is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 May 2015
Location: Either on my couch or my kitchen table
Posts: 2,487
tarot_quest 
Citizen

tarot_quest's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar View Post
someone got lead by a very rigid leader (8/Pents+Hierophant).

Hi Sar

Thanks for you input, but I don't really understand. I am not a leader nor him, even less rigid.
Top   #5
tarot_quest's Avatar
tarot_quest  tarot_quest is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 May 2015
Location: Either on my couch or my kitchen table
Posts: 2,487
tarot_quest 
Citizen

tarot_quest's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esk View Post
Is he a colleague, or a student at the same university? It seems to me the potential is only about work and platonic.
Hi Esk! Thanks for shimming in No we are not students. It's my first ''serious'' job and for him, it's his second ''serious'' job. The thing is that we feel both REALLY attracted physically to each others, so it is far from platonic. He is very shy and sometimes very nervous around me. He always sit next to me and gives me a lot of attention.
Top   #6
tarot_quest's Avatar
tarot_quest  tarot_quest is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 May 2015
Location: Either on my couch or my kitchen table
Posts: 2,487
tarot_quest 
Citizen

tarot_quest's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDusk View Post
Hierophant has a lot of connotations of guidance or teaching, and since you say he is a bit immature, I suspect you would spend much of the relationship trying to guide him and get him to mature. 8 of Pentacles could suggest there's a lot of work involved in this. I would be cautious about this being more of a mentor-student relationship than a passionate romantic relationship.
That's a good point! Even if there is a of attraction on both sides, it is true that I could spend a lot of time teaching him some stuff, hence the 8 of pentacles.

I am also confused because in a previous spread, I got very nice cards when asking about specific compatibility points (such as emotional, physical, family, complicity, etc).

Mmmmm.... I will have to wait and see how bad or not is the immaturity part, we have a date this Sunday!
Top   #7
JDusk  JDusk is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 27 May 2013
Location: New York, US
Posts: 74
JDusk 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarot_quest View Post
That's a good point! Even if there is a of attraction on both sides, it is true that I could spend a lot of time teaching him some stuff, hence the 8 of pentacles.

I am also confused because in a previous spread, I got very nice cards when asking about specific compatibility points (such as emotional, physical, family, complicity, etc).

Mmmmm.... I will have to wait and see how bad or not is the immaturity part, we have a date this Sunday!
Good luck! If the compatibility cards look good, these two cards might have a more positive spin on them. I guess most relationships involve learning from each other to some extent, so it might be more a matter of patience than a serious roadblock.
Top   #8
tarot_quest's Avatar
tarot_quest  tarot_quest is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 03 May 2015
Location: Either on my couch or my kitchen table
Posts: 2,487
tarot_quest 
Citizen

tarot_quest's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDusk View Post
Good luck! If the compatibility cards look good, these two cards might have a more positive spin on them. I guess most relationships involve learning from each other to some extent, so it might be more a matter of patience than a serious roadblock.
Yes, the 8 of pentacles could go both ways (i.e. learning from each others)! I will aim for a nice evening and see from there where things are going
Top   #9
Curious1  Curious1 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Apr 2008
Location: Montana, USA
Posts: 335
Curious1 
Citizen

I think this is a guy who learns by doing, a hands on kind of guy, and repeats what works for him. I don't think he's a player, but more of a traditionalist.

Ooops! Didn't address the question of "relationship potential". Both of these cards have a serious feel to them and both are elements of earth so, yes, there is solid relationship potential here.
Top   #10


 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.