Bone chalk on fish bellies...

Durant Hapke

Blasting UD,

Nice, I picked up said Portable a few months back while visiting friends in Santa Monica California.

So far it's made an awesome beer coster, but that's only a default position, as I have every intention of getting to that -- I've been hooking the photos a very good large bit.

You, my card spinning mechanic might be interested in this hog:

http://www.amazon.com/Death-Religio...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219885417&sr=1-4

Very filled, that Chilton is the man... Did I write you about him before?

It's all good with me, baby.

Say, You ever see that movie GOJIRA TAI MEKAGOJIRA? (Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla). It rocks hard. I was kicking some tall boys with my friend LK, and we got deep, deep, into the background story of that flick, and it's clearly where Jim Cameron got the idea for TERMINATOR 2.

You got to check that action one day.

Bring it.

Durant "I like it fried" Hapke

Durant Hapke

Brothers, and Sisters,

Posted the following over at the talking tarot thread, but am wondering, from a AC perspective, if the hermit has other relevance here?

Nice, I'm in a quandary...

"... Trust... I have encountered them (hairy ghost hands) on two different nights, in the past month or so, while walking the back alley down to the corner store for Camels.

The question: Can, and/or does the Hermit No. 9 foretell and/or suggest a supernatural encounter?

In the morning of both nights of the "hand appearances" I had drawn the Hermit, and felt instruction was perhaps "at hand."

Yeah, I remember clearly thinking "new education is at hand."

Of course the "Hand" plays Jack bird strongly in the Thoth.

Throw out the net, I've been all into the web, and it seems to me that there is an idea of "seeing accurately beyond the common place" stitched into this card.

Am I drifting in fog?

Durant "red pillow" Hapke

Umbrae

Dear Durant "red pillow" Hapke

Crowley begins his chapter on The Hermit in The Book of Thoth with the words, “This card is attributed ot the letter Yod, which means the Hand. “

So one would look towards Hermits and Hands…

But I disagree with Crowley on a few notes…

In the/his Book of Law, chapter one, verse 50 it states, “There is a word to say about the Hierophantic task. Behold!” and of course near the end of verse 57 is the famous, “All these old letters of my Bood are aright; but (tzaddi) is not the Star.”

Crowley, being stuck in GD, kept the Fool as Aleph, and switched Tzaddi with Daleth. However then the Hierophant is Vau rather than He (which of course means ‘Behold’ in addition to window). Crowley loved to create and set up ‘blinds’, and this perhaps are two of them.

Levi placed Fool as Shin, (which makes since as he’s being ‘bitten’), which moves everything forward one, placing the Hand (Yod) at the Wheel of Fortune.

Yod means - Axle, handle, power, authority, possession, hand - the human hand is the only tool of creation, trust (“Blow upon Yod, and you create all the letters of the alphabet”), monument, share. Yod signifies creation itself and the metaphysical process.

Umbrae

I know that what I posted above may appear as an anathema to most Crowley and Crowley/Harris Thoth users.

I must however state, that the more I read the works of Uncle Al, the more I’m convinced that he is stating –

• A is true and B is false
    A is false and B is true
    A and B are both true
    A and B are both false
    All of the above are false
    All of the above are true
But then, that’s my opinion.

Durant Hapke

Blasting Umbrae,

Yeah, bring that and I'll have another scoop.

Have been thinking many thoughts while running the Thoth "defragmenting program" and it's still spinning.

This:

A is true and B is false
A is false and B is true
A and B are both true
A and B are both false
All of the above are false
All of the above are true

Right, I'm on the tracks with you here.

On the train on the tracks -- that jittery smooth 0=00 set of tracks, baby, bring on the non-steam.

What a moment in time, what a time of moments.

Regarding the blinds, it is a great concern to me, the structure contains windows that appear and disappear depending on the vantage point, stars and moon, horizon line, and my Jack bird inner light bulb.

Navigation is quite taxing, but is that not the game?

Is that not where the "things" and "non-things" live?

Yeah, brother, I'm finding the elastic in my gray matter.

Durant "a bit more glue" Hapke

Umbrae

Durant Hapke said:
Regarding the blinds, it is a great concern to me, the structure contains windows that appear and disappear depending on the vantage point, stars and moon, horizon line, and my Jack bird inner light bulb.
Gawd I love the O gauge.

Each time it comes around, the same bend, the same scenery - its different!

All the other authors state, "It is!"

Crowley laughs and says, "This time it is!" and cackles like a hen. Followers follow and Crowley laughs even more, "Depends!" and the followers bow to absolutes, and Crowley is in hysterics bent over double howling bloody howling...

stefficus

mudras.

that's all i'm sayin', hap-man. mudras. ;)

ravenest

Umbrae said:
I know that what I posted above may appear as an anathema to most Crowley and Crowley/Harris Thoth users.

I must however state, that the more I read the works of Uncle Al, the more I’m convinced that he is stating –
But then, that’s my opinion.

You left out; all of the above are both and neither true and/or false.

brujaja

Durant Hapke said:
The question: Can, and/or does the Hermit No. 9 foretell and/or suggest a supernatural encounter?

The Hermit is out in the night, heading back to his shack.

Sandals in the dust, dust in the beard.

He’s thinking about that famous cat-in-the-box routine, events that happen with attention or not at all.

He’s remembering fondly another old routine, and wondering what box he’d have to open to find another young hermitess needing a lesson in putting-the-devil-back-into-hell.

He’s wondering about that cat, and his isolation, and whether, with no one to see him here, he has ceased to exist, lapsed totally into Potential.

Ah well. Home sweet home. And now the lights are on – and he’s not the only one home. And all the myriad waveforms surge toward him, and around him, vying and flirting and yearning to be real-ized, seeking collapse --

He sighs, momentarily wishing he had a kitchen table, or any table, to sit down at.

“I gotta get me one o’ those three-headed seeing-eye dogs…”