geomancy and tarot - attributions

crystal dawn

Hi there
I have the booklet on geomancy by aleister crowley and just wondered - did Aliester Crowley ever give each geomantic figure an attribution to certain tarot cards? it does not say in the booklet one way or the other.

Blessings

crystal dawn

Aeon418

I don't believe Crowley ever attributed the figures of Geomancy to Tarot cards on a one-to-one basis. Tarot and Geomancy opperate on different levels, so it's impossible to make direct correspondences between the two systems. But Crowley did draw parallels between some of the Geomantic figures and particular cards.

For example the 2 of Wands is related to the sign Puer through it's astrological attribution of Mars in Aries. But Crowley goes on to warn us that the Geomantic intelligences are all primarily Gnomes, i.e. related to Earth. Essentially the 2 of Wands has some similar qualities to Puer, but it's not same thing.

The same could be said of 5 of Cups and the figure, Rubeus. They have the same astrological attribution - Mars in Scorpio, but they simply share that quality. Oddly enough the design of Rubeus is used to illustrate the 7 of Disks. This time the astrology is different but the cards meaning has a close resemblance to the meaning of Rubeus. The same can be said for the 8 of Disks which is arranged to look like the figure Populus. It has similar qualities, but it's not exactly the same.

crystal dawn

thanks Aeon