Reader Personality Poll Spread

Amanda

The very first card I pulled was the Empress-Healer :bugeyed:

You know, I was thinking about this a little bit ago because of Carla's draw and I wonder if you guys are just hoarding your goodies :D and not sharing as much of your tarot skills with others, even though it's your primary style.

Muir Aingeal

You know, I was thinking about this a little bit ago because of Carla's draw and I wonder if you guys are just hoarding your goodies :D and not sharing as much of your tarot skills with others, even though it's your primary style.

You know funny you say that because I was just recently offered a job to read tarot professionally to which I turned down due to 'not being ready' well that was my excuse anyway but I'm sure others would have jumped on that offer!

Jes

ok, I like this, so I tried and got in order:

the Hermit - 7 cards

the high priestess - 4 cards

Temperance - 13 cards

Empress - 24 cards

The Magician - 5 cards

I think its interesting I pulled the Hermit- teacher first when it is my soul and personality card.

EDIT: Ok, I have taken out my interupation, I might just have a think on it for now.

yirabeth

What a cool idea! I have the book and have read it but didn't think of doing a 'reading' based on it. I decided to do your reading myself, in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep:p

My cards were:

Empress - 3
Magician - 2
Temperance - 23
High Priestess - 10
Hermit - 24

Rather like Carla's although the order differs! So I used her interpretation to try to figure my own, since hers seemed to be on target.

I do see the first two as being a combined method of reading for me, intuition plus letting the cards speak as they will, without my own personality coming forth. Perhaps, as you say, they need more development professionally - I would agree, as I don't feel remotely ready to read professionally!

Temperance and Hermit are both high, with a lower but still respectable High Priestess in the middle. I feel this means I have a healthy balance between using my knowledge and using my intuition, which augments the first two I think -- You can't really use intuition if your sense of intuition is underdeveloped, and it's my opinion that basic knowledge is a good thing as well! I'm low'ish on the mystic end of it, but as I read your description that is pretty suitable in my opinion... :D

So, I would say this reading confirms what I know of myself -- a good basic foundation that needs building upon - practice, if you will :)

I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

Amanda

ok, I like this, so I tried and got in order:

the Hermit - 7 cards

the high priestess - 4 cards

Temperance - 13 cards

Empress - 24 cards

The Magician - 5 cards

I think its interesting I pulled the Hermit- teacher first when it is my soul and personality card.

EDIT: Ok, I have taken out my interupation, I might just have a think on it for now.

Well it looks like you've got a more practical approach, since the Hermit came up as your primary and the Empress's stack is so high. Because the Empress is so high, I'd say you're primarily in it to help people (or yourself) and aren't shy at all about sharing your readings with others, and will help where you can. And I say 'where you can' because it seems that even though Temperance suggests the rest are in mostly good balance, your Magician and High Priestess are a little low, so it makes me think that you don't have as much knowledge about tarot in general that you could and maybe haven't gotten totally comfortable with using your intuition in conjunction with the knowledge you have. Are you fairly new to reading tarot cards?

Amanda

What a cool idea! I have the book and have read it but didn't think of doing a 'reading' based on it. I decided to do your reading myself, in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep:p

My cards were:

Empress - 3
Magician - 2
Temperance - 23
High Priestess - 10
Hermit - 24

I think you're interpretation is great! I would only add that it's stage fright (Magician) that might keep you from sharing your goodies with others (Empress). Seems like you've got a lot of knowledge and intuition backing you though. :)

Chiska

High Priestess - 12
Magician - 5
Hermit - 2
Empress - 6
Temperance - 24

So...my primary reading style is Mystic? I read the description and while it hits on some areas, in most it does not. Especially the ones below.

Mystics, as well-intentioned as they are, can get caught up in the trap of blaming, New Age style. Because everything has a cosmic reason to the mystic, there is a tendency to discount the pain of immediate suffering. For example, a mystic reader may tell a rape victim that she was raped because she is paying back a karmic debt. This does nothing to help the victim's immediate pain and actually makes the situation worse: "Oh, the rape was my fault." Not only does this disempower the rape victim, but it also offers no practical solutions to the current suffering except assigning blame.

Mystics also can fall into the trap of being "feel-good" readers. Because everything is impossibly decided by fate, don't worry about it. It will all work out in the end. It's for the best, according to cosmic reason. Telling a client that her breast cancer will be okay because it fits into a karmic plan is not altogether useful. It does nothing to help the client now and, once again, does not empower a client to take action on her own behalf. Nothing in tarot is preordained and mystics must work hard to remember this.

Those are so far away from my views and beliefs that I am having difficulty with the entire exercise!

And the rest indicates the value I place on the styles...

So I need to work on the "hermit" aspect, as well as the "magician/empress" aspects.

I place more value on providing an balanced reading?

Amitisti

Using my Halloween Tarot I got...
Magician (Interpreter) - 5
Hermit (Teacher) - 15
High Priestess (Mystic) - 33
Empress (Healer) - 13
Temperance (Alchemist) - 10
and only 2 cards left - 10 of Imps and 8 of Imps

So that is an obvious strength in Interpreter, and maybe the Alchemist, but everything else needs some work.
the 2 cards tell me that I may need to lower my expectations but still keep my goals in sight and that I am entering a new phase of enthusiasm with my card reading :)

ETA: so I did this with the other 3 decks I own and got some very interesting results...
Gilded Tarot
Hermit (teacher) - 2
Empress (healer) - 3
Magician (interpreter) - 1
High Priestess (mystic) - 26
Temperance (alchemist) - 27
19 cards leftover

Legacy of the Divine Tarot
Hermit(teacher) - 6
Empress (healer) - 30
High Priestess(mystic) - 23
Temperance(alchemist) - 2
Magician(interpreter) - 8
9 cards leftover

Ananda Tarot
High Priestess(mystic) - 15
Magician(interpreter) - 2
Hermit(teacher) - 10
Balance/Temperance(alchemist) - 16
Empress(healer) - 7
28 cards leftover

I thought it was interesting that even though the Magician did not show up in first position in the other decks like it did in the Halloween Tarot, it was a single digit # of cards in all of the decks and smallest amount in 2 of the 3 decks.

Chiska

Here is a thought....

I read differently depending on the deck. Some decks are all about Healing, while others are Teachers. Some are Interpreters and others make me go all "mystic."

I did the first time round with a deck that is very new to me. I wonder if the results would be different with a different deck.

I will try that when I have some time - just to see.

I figure it is normal that a person would read differently depending on the deck?

Amitisti

Here is a thought....

I read differently depending on the deck. Some decks are all about Healing, while others are Teachers. Some are Interpreters and others make me go all "mystic."

I did the first time round with a deck that is very new to me. I wonder if the results would be different with a different deck.

I will try that when I have some time - just to see.

I figure it is normal that a person would read differently depending on the deck?

That is a very interesting question! I think I will try it with my decks too and see what happens...It might be that I will discover what each deck wants to be used for!