When One Door Closes Another Door Opens Spread (2) by Glass Owl

nikkipeachy

I just did a reading for myself with this spread, and it rang so true. Really on point, I am so glad you had that dream!

N1ghts0ng

When One Door Closes Another Door Opens Spread (2) by Glass Owl

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Lay two cards, face down, as shown and then turn them over one by one.

1--2

1. What Is Behind The Closed Door
This represents what has come before or is out of reach. You keep returning to this closed door but you no longer have the key to open it. It is time for you to move on. I suggest placing the rest of the deck on top of this card so it can not longer be seen and then turn your attention to the next card in the spread.

2. What Is Beyond The Open Door
This represents possibilities and what is within your reach. This door is not only unlocked but it is wide open. What lies behind this doorway deserves your time and energy. Imagining yourself walking through this open door and embracing what this card is offering you.

tried it for the first time tonight...

The Closed Door - The Queen of Swords (Rx)

The Open Door - The Page of Pentacles

doesn't pull any punches, does it?? I hope no one minds if i mull this one over a bit...

Rhoswen

I, too, found this spread very insightful when I did it earlier this evening.

1. Ace of Swords
2. 2 of Cups
(third card—how to achieve this: 4 of Swords)

Thank you for sharing it!

libertybelle

Oh I tried this one and it was right on.

1. Page of swords

2. 4 wands

Thank you so much!

MountainGirl

Great spread, thanks for sharing. I tried and got
1) Knight of Cups
2) Knight of Wands
3) (how to move through the open door) 5 of wands

1) and 3) seem pretty clear, I'll have to think about the Knight of Wands.

liberated inferno

I was looking for some simple spreads to practice with and what came up for me was:

1. The World
2. The Sun
3. 8 of cups ( how to get through the door)

Huh? Confused. i will let this marinate in my brain for a while!

liberated inferno

I was looking for some simple spreads to practice with and what came up for me was:

1. The World
2. The Sun
3. 8 of cups ( how to get through the door)

Huh? Confused. i will let this marinate in my brain for a while!

princessmeri16

Great Spread!!!

This spread was deep, spiritual, and straight to the point! Thank you GlassOwl :)

I did one for myself as well:

Closed Door: Death

Open Door: Ace of Cups

I'm going to use this one in the future for others. In my opinion, this spread serves an even better purpose than past, present, future spreads.

:D

cybrid

Wow, I love this spread!! I'm not sure what it means for me though:

Closed Door: 2 of Pentacles. I guess that means I need to quit this balancing act and focus on one thing in particular. Stop juggling.
Open Door: The Devil. I need to cut loose and stop trying to control myself and hem in my desires and ambitions. I should give in to temptations? I think

I don't totally know how to read this, haha! But, I do love this spread. It's so direct! I guess I'll have to think about it for a while....

SilentBreeze

What a great spread idea. I'm going to add it to my journal.