AN INTERVIEW WITH YOUR DECK

Alkonost

Would this be a good thing for a beginner and her new deck?

Speaking from experience as also being a beginner, with a bunch of new decks, and having used this spread on all of them - Yes! However, I recommend making sure to write down the results so that if there's something you don't understand at the moment, you can always go back to it.

MistressMorrigan

I performed this reading with a deck that I've had (and have loved) for a few months now, and was surprised by the outcome! The deck I used was the Housewives Tarot, and I was surprised (well, not really) to see that, despite the name and the nature of the illustrations, this deck has a dominant, almost masculine energy about it. There's always that hint of playfulness that shows in the illustrations, but this deck is more than capable of handling even the most serious situation, and it was quick to let me know that.

This reading has just given me more reasons to love this deck. Thanks for posting this spread!

FourFires

I remember doing this and smiling to myself when I saw the cards. My deck was surprisingly very impressive! (Doreen Virtue's Angel Tarot)

Libra289

hahaha, this card is to teach me the hanged man.

It was also kind of funny, it gave me strength for how it perceives me, and for itself, the equivalent, IX of wands.

I took that as a sign that I use them a lot. But I am using it to learn, and it will persevere, much like I do :)

My deck wants to teach me The Hanged Man too

rainier

I'm just a little confused on what the question 'what card do you want to show off' means. Could someone explain to me what it means please?

ctrymaus

I'm just a little confused on what the question 'what card do you want to show off' means. Could someone explain to me what it means please?

I take that to mean "look at this artwork!" or "I'm proud of this card!".

In the Chrysalis Tarot, however, it was Strength (Papa Legba). Here is what I wrote about this: "Ha. This is the card that almost made me not buy the deck because I am nervous about Santeria and Vodou. So the deck is saying, 'Don't be afraid of me. I am showing you your inner strength.'"

CountryMouse

rainier

I take that to mean "look at this artwork!" or "I'm proud of this card!".

In the Chrysalis Tarot, however, it was Strength (Papa Legba). Here is what I wrote about this: "Ha. This is the card that almost made me not buy the deck because I am nervous about Santeria and Vodou. So the deck is saying, 'Don't be afraid of me. I am showing you your inner strength.'"

CountryMouse

Alright that makes sense! Thanks

sld123

I did it with my DM and the results were very straightforward and made sense as i have noticed they don't read well in a certain area. (could this be me or them) also shows themselves as more of a training wheels deck.