Sabian Symbols Study Group: Taurus Degree 4 - #34

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: TAURUS
Degree: 4
Number: 34

Symbol: THE POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW.

MCsea

Dr Jones key word FAITH!! Oh yea..
Solar fire Part of Body: Uvula (the little taggy thing at the back of your throat - its my sons favourite word - Ok he is 4)

I have just decided this is one of THE best sabian symbols to have in your natal chart, don’t you agree? This powerhouse of energy/imagry is built on tranquillity and happiness, beauty and wealth -prosperity.

Rainbows are quite rare, stunningly beautiful and of course lead you to your pot of gold. Gold being the powerhouse in this symbol, golden energy, the spiritual and financial wealth people look for.

Colour is important in this sybmol - I like to think that hanging crystals in the window that catch the sunlight also fall into this symbol, cause of the colours that are refracted from it. Chakra colors are also important here. The electromagnetic spectrum that a rainbow is made up of is usually seen as a double rainbow, and refers to some ‘twin’ aspect in this natives chart.

The song keeps playing in my mind - “The rainbow connection” Sarah McLachlan Lyrics, may be an anthem for this symbol.

MARINA

Simone

Ah, the proverbial pot of gold at the end of the rainbow :D

Makes me think of chasing an illusion - the rainbow always stays the same distance from us, however much we try to approach. And which side is the "end" anyway? or are there two pots of gold?

On the other hand, it might be a symbol telling us that the end of worries have arrived. First there is the rainbow - which means the sun has come out to herald the end of the rain (the end is not quite there yet, as we need the rain to actually form a rainbow).

Ah, idea... when the rainbow ends - meaning when it has disappeared? - the sun is back. The end of rainy times - the reward of living through it is better times. Maybe that's the pot of gold?

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Taurus 4 is:

TAURUS 3 ~ NATURAL STEPS UP TO A LAWN BLOOMING WITH CLOVER.

The Quest Symbol for Taurus 4 is:

TAURUS 5 ~ A YOUTHFUL WIDOW, FRESH AND SOUL-CLEANSED FROM GRIEF, KNEELS AT AN OPEN GRAVE TO RECEIVE THE SECRETS OF ETERNAL LIFE.

The Opposite Symbol for Taurus 4 is:

SCORPIO 4 ~ A YOUTH HOLDING A LIGHTED CANDLE IN A DEVOTIONAL RITUAL GAINS A SENSE OF THE GREAT 'OTHER WORLD'.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Taurus 4 are:

LEO 4 ~ A MAN FORMALLY DRESSED STANDS NEAR TROPHIES HE BROUGHT BACK FROM A HUNTING EXPEDITION.

SCORPIO 4 ~ A YOUTH HOLDING A LIGHTED CANDLE IN A DEVOTIONAL RITUAL GAINS A SENSE OF THE GREAT 'OTHER WORLD'.

AQUARIUS 4 ~ A HINDU HEALER GLOWS WITH A MYSTIC HEALING POWER.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Taurus 4 are:

CANCER 16 ~ A MAN STUDYING A MANDALA IN FRONT OF HIM, WITH THE HELP OF A VERY ANCIENT BOOK.

VIRGO 28 ~ A BALDHEADED MAN IN A UNIFORM HAS SEIZED POWER.

SAGITTARIUS 10 ~ A THEATRICAL REPRESENTATION OF A GOLDEN HAIRED "GODDESS OF OPPORTUNITY".

AQUARIUS 22 ~ A RUG PLACED ON THE FLOOR FOR CHILDREN TO PLAY ON.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Element Goldstone
Discussion This is a man made stone, its glass with tiny copper glitter within it. This stone was orignally created when alchemists were trying to create gold. This pretty element is uplifting, aids in creativity and happiness. I chose this rather than ‘real’ gold for this symbol, and the whole rainbow with a pot of gold at the end is a spiritual pursuit / fairy realm / non physical adventure.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 335

tink27

And again purple_scorp a marvelous picture....this pot is burning with desire, passion and purpose. Yesterday, as I was driving, I passed by a restaurant called The Devil's Harp....how fitting I thought for this symbol.

When the fire isn't nourished and doesn't burn properly we end up on the proverbial treadmill of life....going round and round but unable to bring anything to fruition. (Yup! I know that one)

The Solar Plexus, or third chakra, is connected to the development and expression of our lower will and with our personality. Our second chakra melds with the third chakra to help us find our "I". Which brings us to the body part of this symbol the 'Uvula'...which hangs at the back of our throat.

Wikipedia The uvula plays an important role in the articulation of the sound of the human voice to form the sounds of speech.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palatine_uvula

I see this symbol as an integration of our body and spirit, coupling together to voice our true song. Together they sing a mighty powerful tune….the body is a conduit through which our unique spirit can sing its magic...above the clouds and below.

What we search for, we already have. We all possess our own pot of gold…..but how do we discover it? In the Wizard of Oz, the tin man, had a heart, the scarecrow had a brain, the lion did have courage, but they didn’t believe they had these abilities until (after many trials and tribulations) the 'wizard' physically and spiritually awarded each one. We have to dig deep to find our richness, to find our true song.

This symbol reminds me of the alchemist, heating and combining base metals into a pot of gold or what we know as 'the philosopher’s stone'.

tink :love: