Do you act like your Astrological element?

isthmus nekoi

another question

Singling out the sun seems quite problematic to me. On top of understanding the placements of the planets, I find it's the dynamics b/w the planets (or aspects I should say) that are really revealing.

crystalmynx> I'm no expert, so someone pls correct me if I'm wrong, but if you don't know your birth time, the placements for the faster moving planets may be inaccurate. Where your moon is placed is *very* time sensitive. However, the slow planets starting from Jupiter outwards should not be affected even if you're hours off.

To answer the original q, I'm pretty low in water, and that makes much sense to me. I'm big on intuition but I see a marked difference b/w intuition and emotion (as they often get lumped together). I'm a capricorn, but I never really 'fit' my sign. I hate business and if I'm uninterested, I cut corners like crazy when it comes to my work and pretty much try to get away w/as much as I can. I *can* work hard, but usually in things society marginalizes and finds impractical (ie tarot, academics - you'd be surprized how many ppl find theory impractical), impracticality not being a capricornian trait!
I think the placement of my sun in the context of my chart makes much more sense. I have sun conj mercury in 12th which may signify my talkativeness about secret things, giving most ppl the impression of openess, but the truth is, I keep most of my mind hidden. I also can be pretty capricornian about 12th house concerns - I like to dig my hooves in the issue at hand and am pretty ambitious there.

Minderwiz

As Isthmus Nekoi says time of birth is most sensitive for the Moon in terms of planetary movement. The Moon moves around 12 degrees per day so an error of several hours can be important.

Of the rest the order of speed is Mercury Venus, The Sun (about a degree a day) Mars (about half a degree a day), Jupiter (just about two ahd half degrees a month) , Saturn (just over a degree a month), and the outer planets are of course much slower. These average timings need to be treated with care as they include retrograde time.

If you have no idea of birth time you might try one of two things. Firstly using an ephemeris take the midnight positions as your first approximation and then using the above rough movements estimate a noon birth. Over time see if you feel that one suits you better than the other. Alternatively use one of the Astrology sites to get the midnight and Noon positions.

The main problem with inaccurate birth data is not so much planetary positions as the position of the Ascendant, which changes every two hours. Some Astrologers will use the Sunrise time in the absence of any accurate time. This has the effect of giving you the same Ascendant as your Sun sign. So if you were born in Libra then you will have a Libra Ascendant.

I know of a number of Astrologers who will say that they can do 80% of the reading without an accurate time of birth.

Minderwiz

Fuzzmello

I'm a Leo (gawd, there's lots of us around here apparently. Does that have relevance?) with Moon, Mars and Acendent in Scorpio.

Don't think the name 'Fuzzmello' wasn't earned. ;)

Fuzz

AquarianGoddess

Most of these posts made me laugh!! At least you guys have a sense of humor at the chart YOU choose to have in this life!

Meatbox, please, no pretty please...learn to like your chart. All that water is a blessing...you can read people and that's a good thing. The Scorpio/Leo duo is symbolic of Jackie Kennedy and the world loved her, but really knew little about her.

AG

WolfSpirit

meatbox, thianks so much for posting that link !! :)
I am capricorn and I must say I feel a lot less logical and grounded than is typical for a cap.
Now I just found out my moon is in aquarius and my ascendant in scorpio. I'll have to study some more to know if I recognize myself in that. Hmmmm, that scorpio seems to cause some interesting characteristics (not all positive though)

anjocoxo

i'm leo, but i identify myself more with my ascendat libra; ~i like to persuade people through charm, and i have been losing my leo arrogance and pride (my moon in taurus is also helping, although i'm not logical). anyway, i am very pride of being a leo and libra :)) - in fact i usually don't get along very well with people of water and earth but i'm reversing that prejudice (or coincidence)
I am always very interested in astrological stuff, and i'm convincing my boyfriend (the logical and critical taurus with virgo ascendent) that this things are real.
I also believe very much in the chinese signs - i'm horse.

Demonesse

Oh yes, definitely, so much so that people think I should be sent off to a convent. Permanently. I have the creativity of Pisces, the easygoingness of Taurus and all the bad qualities of Capri!

Alissa

anjocoxo, i'm your opposite. im a libra, with leo rising! I find I use my diplomatic skills while trying to communicate (like Tarot readings) by phrasing things carefully. But my Leo side is all over my inclination towards theatre and dance. So that is huge huge in my personality.

I don't know my moon sign, I'd have to get with my mom on my time of birth. I think it was about 3 am but I don't know.

anyhow, best wishes All