Tarot spells?????

Tarotingineer

Could it be possible to use the tarot cards as spells? just a thought that ran through my mind. Could someone clarify on this? I'd be thankful.........

-Signed,
J.B

Bernice

Yes.

Various approaches - various 'traditions' and methods. You could if you wished, do your own. But, you aught to be very precise about spell-casting.
You can get books about it. Browse around and don't jump feet-first into the the first method you read about. Get a a really good idea about where the writer is coming from. Some only write for popularity and the cash.

Bee

Tarotingineer

Thanks, but I was also thinking along the lines of non-divinatory spells ^^"

megx

I believe that's what was meant. There are several books out there about using tarot cards for magic rituals as well as for spells. I have done both, using combinations of cards that symbolize what it is I'm having issues with and what I want done. Again be very careful, you have to be really precise.

I wish I could suggest a book to you off the top of my head. Either go to a Half Price Books, Barne's in Nobles or other store and browse (beware of gimmicky stuff)! or just figure out your own way of doing it. I suggest the latter.

Tarotingineer

^^

Shankies^^

I'll be careful, I pwomise, lol. Hmm......but there ARE a lot of trash talkers out there....which are the ones people think are the best to go by? and if not books, are there any sites that could help me?

sweet_intuition

Here are a few books I'd recommend -

The Tarot Spellcaster - Terry Donaldson

Tarot Spells - by Janina Renée

Portable Magic: Tarot Is the Only Tool You Need - Donald Tyson

Tarot & Magic - Donald Michael Kraig

Tarotingineer

THanks a lot for you help guys.

faunabay

I used to have Tarot Spells book and I liked that one alot! Worked pretty well and she uses the Robin Wood deck which is one of my favorites. :)

Silaria

When I use Tarot in my spellwork, it's usually to help focus my intent. I select cards that pertain to the issue I'm doing the spell for. Sometimes I channel the energy for the spell into the card(s) and slam them on the table at the climax to release built up energy. (I have a deck I use only for spell work.)

For me, this process has worked very well.

Tarotingineer

hmm.....that sounds interesting...I'll try it. Thanks a lot.