4 card cross of oswald wirth

frelkins

hi!

i think my favorite online tarot site now is a french one that uses the oswald wirth major arcana: http://www.azimutconcept.com/tarot/s_tirage.htm. google does a nice job translating it and i love the readings, the card meanings, and the deck

does anyone know anything about the author of this site, a french web designer named pierre invernizzi?

i assume many of you here have used this site, what do you think of its spread?

thanks!

f

Ayumi

Hi,

I use the same 4 card cross spread as shown on that site. It is called Tirage en Croix in French. It is the most popular spread in France, where I learned it, and is used throughout Europe, with slight variations.
Most people use it with just the 22 Trumps. (Like here in Japan, readers in Europe rarely use the minor cards.) Some people add up the four cards to get a fifth "summary" card. I only do that if I can't answer the question with the four cards.

I prefer this simple, elegant cross to Waite's unbalanced Celtic Cross. The symbolism of a simple cross is so profound (the concept of dual polarity). It is a nice map of creation, of how one thing arises and automatically becomes two things.

Ayumi

Junia

I realize that this is an old thread but:

I recently acquired the book: Introduction to the Study of the Tarot . . . by Oswald Wirth. I have been searching threads by Wirth's name in hope of finding some clarifying mysteries that I find with using the spread.

Would you please be so kind as to help me if you can?

Here are my questions: (1) What if you count down the deck and draw the same card twice for two different positions? (2) What if you count the number of the first four and wind up with the same card as the Center position? (3) Do you only read the second position card as negative? Or do you read reversals in the other positions as they come up.

If you don't know the answers and know someone who might, would you be so kind as to direct me?

I appreciate your time and any help that you can give me.

Sincerely,

Junia

Quantum James

I cannot recommend more highly that you read melancholic's simple cross exegesis here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=95259

It is pretty fantastic, I work with it every day (using the minors) and it is incredibly accurate and subtle. I keep discovering new nuances to it. It uses elemental dignities though - but he has done all the thinking for you, you just have to look on the list he made to see how well, poorly a card is dignified.

I recommend using colored tokens, such as stones or glass beads to keep track of the elemental bases, which are generated by the heaven card's position. This profound little mechanism is one of the most innovative things I have seen in ages - essentially positional meanings are drawn with your cards, so not only do your cards help answer the question but the elemental positions of the spread itself; depending how they fall on the two axis. How cool is that!

:)

Bernice

Thanks Junia for bumping this thread :)

I second Quantums recommendations, for both the TdM and the Ozzy Wirth decks.

Mel also has an astrological method/spread that is very comprehensive. The structure is clear, direct, and has the added bonus of only 'reading' cards that are pertinent to the Query.

The initial outline begins here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1522020&postcount=251

And further example and experimental readings are in this thread. It begins with delination of Frelkins first 'chart'. More recent posts in this thread have started to cover historically based pip-meanings. But the system works fine without even bothering with these!

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1545681&postcount=1

Bee :)

Junia

THANK YOU BOTH! I am off to the next wormhole--see you there!

serenaserendipity

wow i was just reading about melancholic's cross, and then stumbled upon this--
but pray tell, how do you get google to translate?

ma francais n'est pas terrible, mais je ne sais pas francais tres bon.