Copyright?

Metafizzypop

Un-related to the topic of this thread, could I use this spread for halloween?

Hi Lucas, I'm glad you like my spread. But if you want to use it, I'd just like to know what you plan to use it for. Did you want to do readings with it for yourself or friends at a party, or something like that? That's fine. The reason I put the spread on the forum here is for other tarot fans to do readings with it. So personal use is OK.

But if you were thinking about reproducing the spread (like putting it on a blog or something similar), or for business purposes (where clients are paying you to do readings with the spread), that's different. And I would rather that you did not do that.

I've already had a bad experience with this spread getting around a whole lot without my permission, or even my knowledge, and not getting any credit for it. And it was a hassle trying to get things straightened out. So I am going to be cautious. I hope you understand.

tarotlova

Both ways! E.g. PPF as rows and SWOT as columns. You can read each row to show the SWOT in the past, present and then future. You could also do a cross sectional analysis and tackle each column - e.g. what are common themes in the querent's Weaknesses across time (PPF). You can replace PPF with some other stuff and do the same thing as what I said above.

Was that what were asking for?

----

And while I acknowledged earlier that someone else could have thought up the same concept, I do appreciate George's attribution. :)

Yes thank you! It was me who wasn't sure on how it was read so I took it of my spreads that I read with, now I know thanks :) and can use it! Just so you know it is one of the most requested spreads we use it as a Career spread.

Lucas Prince of Cats

Hi Lucas, I'm glad you like my spread. But if you want to use it, I'd just like to know what you plan to use it for. Did you want to do readings with it for yourself or friends at a party, or something like that? That's fine. The reason I put the spread on the forum here is for other tarot fans to do readings with it. So personal use is OK.

But if you were thinking about reproducing the spread (like putting it on a blog or something similar), or for business purposes (where clients are paying you to do readings with the spread), that's different. And I would rather that you did not do that.

I've already had a bad experience with this spread getting around a whole lot without my permission, or even my knowledge, and not getting any credit for it. And it was a hassle trying to get things straightened out. So I am going to be cautious. I hope you understand.

Oh no, I'm simply looking for halloween spreads for those trick-or-treators! is that fine?

Metafizzypop

Oh no, I'm simply looking for halloween spreads for those trick-or-treators! is that fine?

I hope I don't sound dense, but I'm not sure what you mean. You want to use the spread for trick or treaters? In what way? Did you want to do tarot readings for the kids who come to your door trick or treating? In my town, we just give them candy and send them on their way. :)

If that's what you had in mind, that's OK, even though it sounds a bit odd. But if it's something else, I'd like to know what it is. I don't mean to be a pain, it's just that I had a bad experience recently with this spread (I 'm assuming you're referring to the Haunted House) and I just need a security blanket. I'm also a bit baffled.

Lucas Prince of Cats

I hope I don't sound dense, but I'm not sure what you mean. You want to use the spread for trick or treaters? In what way? Did you want to do tarot readings for the kids who come to your door trick or treating? In my town, we just give them candy and send them on their way. :)

If that's what you had in mind, that's OK, even though it sounds a bit odd. But if it's something else, I'd like to know what it is. I don't mean to be a pain, it's just that I had a bad experience recently with this spread (I 'm assuming you're referring to the Haunted House) and I just need a security blanket. I'm also a bit baffled.

Well, yes, if they say they want one, but I think a spread would be too much for trick-or-treaters. I'll just pull a card, but it would be cool for Halloween events! :D

Metafizzypop

Well, yes, if they say they want one, but I think a spread would be too much for trick-or-treaters. I'll just pull a card, but it would be cool for Halloween events! :D

It sounds like my spread would not be appropriate to use with your trick-or-treaters. If there are kids in your town savvy enough to know what tarot is (and whose parents are open-minded) then pulling out a card for a quick fortune-telling game seems OK. Other than that, you can't be inviting neighborhood children into your house for tarot readings without getting the neighborhood parents all up in arms. Have you thought this through?

Also, the spread is intended for adults. It's for doing a little
self-analysis, and is nothing that an 8-year-old would take interest in. A reading would either bore them, confuse them, or scare them.

For some events, like a private party, using the spread would be fine.