Brainstorming about what would be a good Grassroots Movement Spread

bladeraven

A friend of mine is trying to begin preservation efforts to prevent an area of her home being turned into an exclusive man made lake that only people with high dollars could afford. I didn't want to post the link for concern it may conflict with AT rules but in a nutshell...it's a preservation effort that's getting a grassroots movement going in Indiana.

I was thinking of doing a general celtic cross spread to see what possible outcomes lay in store for the efforts and then had consider maybe doing a spread for something like that maybe in the sense of:

Grassroots Movement Spread
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~2~
~~~~~~~~~~~~3~~
~~~~~~~~~~~4~~~
~~~~~~~~~~5~~~~
~~~~~~~~6~~~~~
1. the motives behind the movement
2. pro's of the cause
3. con's of the cause
4. Side of those affected
5. Side of those wanting to effect the change
6. Possible outcome

LOL..I apologize for this horrible spread..I absolutely suck in making spreads in comparisons to the gifts of rcb and rainwolf and others....

Any input would be great..will be playing around with these before I do the reading for her.

Dolphin_Dreamer

bladeraven said:
A friend of mine is trying to begin preservation efforts to ...
LOL..I apologize for this horrible spread..I absolutely suck in making spreads in comparisons to the gifts of rcb and rainwolf and others....

Any input would be great..will be playing around with these before I do the reading for her.

No way bladeraven this is a great spread! I love how you set it up... Well done!!! I think you did great with the questions answered in it. It's like when ppl do what is called 'Critical Thinking' and lays it right out for you.

Just in case you didn't know Critical Thinking (as I was taught in college course for Adult Learning Strategies) is a way of shifting views so that YOU are the opposing side (this allows you to prepare for debates and views others might have). Basically, you imagine you are fighting for or against an issue or vice versa. Put yourself in the others shoes per se... This method isn't to make you feel sorry for the other side, but to help you see the other side and you did just great IMHO bladeraven...

Blessings,
Dolphin_Dreamer

Live your life so that you wouldn't be ashamed to give your parrot to the town gossip!

bladeraven

Dolphin_Dreamer said:
It's like when ppl do what is called 'Critical Thinking' and lays it right out for you.
er

ack...don't know what to say but thank you thank you..Lol.

I was taught to do that in an anthropology course I took...as a way to foster "scientific based empathy" and in an criminology course I was taught to think like the other side to make decisions from your side...I wanted to make sure that the spread will reflect both sides of the picture since sometimes its easy to want to protect something but not see the undervalue...for me it's always been a case of trying to get both sides of the story before I make a judgement.

Since this was for a grassroot movement...I wanted something that would show rather or not the cause that is being protest might or might not be an advantage to the community or not...

Thank you for the feedbacks...anything to help tweak this for use.

Dolphin_Dreamer

bladeraven said:
...anything to help tweak this for use.

I just thought of something... Maybe a position for compromise or if it is needed or better, (environmental) influences to either side - because it might not be about that person and the other party /or/ a where will the influence go...

Blessings,
Dolphin_Dreamer

Live your life so that you wouldn't be ashamed to give your parrot to the town gossip!

bladeraven

Dolphin_Dreamer said:
I just thought of something... Maybe a position for compromise or if it is needed or better, (environmental) influences to either side - because it might not be about that person and the other party /or/ a where will the influence go...

Blessings,
Dolphin_Dreamer

Interesting point about the enviromental influence...I guess enviromental influence of affected side and enviromental influence of those not wanting the change...the compromise makes sense too..since this is about a protest regarding a manmade lake and homes so it will be changing the enviroment and not just the economics....something I will have to play around with and see if I can apply it...or how.