Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Train pub, return of the train..

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

Kahlie 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalyn View Post

Now I need to find a place to get coffee beans in bulk but at a cheap price. Beans are expensive!!!
I have the flu, shucks. Unless you drink a lot of coffee, you don't want to do that. You lose flavor if your beans sit a long time between getting used. That's why the vacuum is so important. My BIL has a coffee machine + grinder and his coffee has less flavor then the Nespresso of my bf. Unless you have a machine to re-vacuum them.

You can usually find cheaper beans in the supermarkets and not in specific tea/coffee stores.
Top   #41
Walking the old paths

PathWalker 

Sorry to hear about the flu Khalie

We grind our own beans here - we buy from a coffee and tea merchant, and keep the beans in the freezer. We take out maybe 50grams at a time to grind, and keep it in the fridge whilst we use it - 4 or 5 days worth maybe.

Flavour has as much to do with what beans, and what kind of roast as it has to storgae, although I agree that ground coffee does change with time as it oxygenates, but you'd be alright for a while. Enjoy!
Top   #42
Citizen

emmsma 

When we could afford it.we blight our beans from Porto Rico company and hubby ground fresh.for each pot. He can taste the difference. Now we can only afford to order once in awhile - birthdays, Christmas. Love their stuff.
Top   #43
Walking the old paths

PathWalker 
Out for the season...

This is just by way of a going away message, like you leave on your email when you're away from work, sort-of-thing

There was lots of chat whilst the train was running, it was almost like old times. But since then it's all fallen away again, and autumn is coming round here, and old friends have definately moved on to pastures now - so I'm taking something of a vacation.
I've a few parcels still on their way places, so I'll be checking up on those, but apart from that I spend too much time looking into this empty room and not figuring out a way to get conversation started again.

So I wish you all well, enjoy the season as it changes for you wherever you are, and be well.

Top   #44
Citizen

Shalyn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathWalker View Post
This is just by way of a going away message, like you leave on your email when you're away from work, sort-of-thing

There was lots of chat whilst the train was running, it was almost like old times. But since then it's all fallen away again, and autumn is coming round here, and old friends have definately moved on to pastures now - so I'm taking something of a vacation.
I've a few parcels still on their way places, so I'll be checking up on those, but apart from that I spend too much time looking into this empty room and not figuring out a way to get conversation started again.

So I wish you all well, enjoy the season as it changes for you wherever you are, and be well.

It makes me sad there isn't so much chat any longer.

In other news, I just received the Victorian Fairy Tarot. I like it.
Top   #45
Citizen

Tarot dance 

Hi all

....Just got the Grail Tarot from Nickigirl, thanks...........

............also just posted the Golden Visconti to Shalyn.....

........................Yeah...........
Top   #46
Citizen

Queen of Disks 

Well, I am usually around here somewhere.
Top   #47
Citizen

Shalyn 

I just dug out my Art Nouveau Tarot. I've had it for a while, never read with it. (Still has that New Card Smell)

Was going through it, and noticed that the people for the court cards and the major arcana seem to be more photoshopped than drawn. Not a big deal, there are lots of photoshopped decks.

Then I got to the Knight of Swords. It's a guy holding a sword with his mouth open like he's yelling, or really mad. And looks ridiculous.

I will never be able to read with this deck.

Ever.
Top   #48
Citizen

Queen of Disks 

Is that the LS Art Nouveau? I've tried many times to read it and it just doesn't work.

I got Ellen Cannon's Reed's Witches' Tarot, in one of my botched attempts to read Tarot back when I was a teenager. Didn't understand any of it. Looked at it again more recently and now I understand why. Airbrushed looking naked people and they all looked alike. The cards still made no sense to me.
Top   #49
Citizen

emmsma 

I had the Cannon-Reed Witches as part of my first batch of decks when I was in High School. I never could read the court cards and many of the others said things in the lwb that I didn't see in the cards.

So I wrote my own LWB. That was the first deck I did that with. I went through, card by card and wrote what it meant to me. I could read with it then, except for those pesky court cards. For me Courts are the Universe telling me the answer is inexplicable.
Top   #50

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.