Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

The Gravenchase Lenormand

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Lenormand


 
decan  decan is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Sep 2015
Location: far away
Posts: 1,621
decan 

I like your cards, especially as from your post #40 in this thread!
Top   #71
MissChiff's Avatar
MissChiff  MissChiff is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 06 Jan 2008
Location: Arizona USA
Posts: 1,477
MissChiff 

Wow!😍
Top   #72
blue_fusion's Avatar
blue_fusion  blue_fusion is offline
Alien
 
Join Date: 15 Jun 2002
Location: crossroads of eternity
Posts: 2,487
blue_fusion 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyJames View Post
Very pretty all these cards! I can give you an idea about extra cards, another man card and another woman card, that are different from the other main ones, would allow to make readings about gays and lesbians and their significant others.
Thanks! I have thought of that and will probably use them - an extra male and female card (with a different design so you can get two males or females facing each other). A friend suggested having two chils cards, one male and female, but I'll have to reflect on that first. Thr remaining extra cards will be used for deck info as well as card meanigs - although I am actually quite wary as to what to post - I am considering adding the text of an old Lenormand deck's LWB (will have to check if its copyright has expired). The one thing I want to avoid is a(nother) clash between traditionalists and "intuitives".

-Ly
Top   #73
decan  decan is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Sep 2015
Location: far away
Posts: 1,621
decan 

Hi,
I am not sure that a text might add something, maybe it might weaken the image.
To accentuate the reference to the corresponding playing card might add something "traditional" but not "traditionalist".
A very nice back is important; there are nice decks but the back is sometimes unremarkable.
Well, just my two cents I'm not the artist!
Top   #74
blue_fusion's Avatar
blue_fusion  blue_fusion is offline
Alien
 
Join Date: 15 Jun 2002
Location: crossroads of eternity
Posts: 2,487
blue_fusion 

Quote:
Originally Posted by decan View Post
Hi,
I am not sure that a text might add something, maybe it might weaken the image.
To accentuate the reference to the corresponding playing card might add something "traditional" but not "traditionalist".
A very nice back is important; there are nice decks but the back is sometimes unremarkable.
Well, just my two cents I'm not the artist!
Hi! Sorry about the confusion! I meant the text in the little white booklet that came with the old Lenormand deck - the one that lists the meanings. I was thinking of just including that since it does pay homage to older decks and at the same time people are still free to use their own interpretation of the cards. (Or did I misunderstand your reply?)

-Ly
Top   #75
decan  decan is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Sep 2015
Location: far away
Posts: 1,621
decan 

Ah, okay, I see!
ETA: I don't think that you misunderstood my reply. I believed that you wanted to insert a text in each cards (like in some Lenormand decks)
Top   #76
blue_fusion's Avatar
blue_fusion  blue_fusion is offline
Alien
 
Join Date: 15 Jun 2002
Location: crossroads of eternity
Posts: 2,487
blue_fusion 

Quote:
Originally Posted by decan View Post
Ah, okay, I see!
ETA: I don't think that you misunderstood my reply. I believed that you wanted to insert a text in each cards (like in some Lenormand decks)
I have seen some of those and actually found them witty. But no, not for this deck. Lol

Thinking about these text inserts reminded me of the William Blake tarot. I wonder how a William Blake lenormand would look like. Hmmmmmmm.....

-Ly
Top   #77
blue_fusion's Avatar
blue_fusion  blue_fusion is offline
Alien
 
Join Date: 15 Jun 2002
Location: crossroads of eternity
Posts: 2,487
blue_fusion 

I apparently made an image which had the finished cards side by side some time ago, though I am not sure though why I did not include the fish card - maybe I thought it still needs some more work.

I hope, being presented side by side, the cards have a consistent look and feel in terms of the illustrations, textures and more importantly overall color sense.

Ly
Attached Images
 
Top   #78
decan  decan is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Sep 2015
Location: far away
Posts: 1,621
decan 

I think this will be a nice deck!

ETA: a Belline Oracle exactly with this style would be quite interesting, it isn't your project here but I was thinking about this.
Top   #79
reall's Avatar
reall  reall is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Dec 2013
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 1,340
reall 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_fusion View Post
I apparently made an image which had the finished cards side by side some time ago, though I am not sure though why I did not include the fish card - maybe I thought it still needs some more work.

I hope, being presented side by side, the cards have a consistent look and feel in terms of the illustrations, textures and more importantly overall color sense.

Ly
beautiful! it looks fantastic bundled like this together!) it would make good GT!^^ I LIKE!^^))
Top   #80




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.