4 of Wands as Rejection

QueenOfTemperance

Hi there,
I recently did a post in Your Readings where I did a simple one card outcome pull for a few job applications I put in this month. For all jobs I asked "What will be the outcome for me in regards to gaining work at *insert company title* as *insert job title*."

I am kind of stumped because for one of the jobs (which is one I really was interested in) I pulled the 4 of Wands. To me, I felt that this could result in a job offer. I usually think pentacles are better to see when it relates to career questions, but I tend to read 4s as stability and moving to the next level. I've read others interpretations which usually say the 4OWs heralds a positive message or congratulations, breaking free of bonds, removing oneself from an oppressive situation, etc... All things that might suggest a job offer or at least an interview.

Well, I received a rejection letter this morning. I wasn't called in for an interview. Now I'm not really sure how the 4OWs relates in my situation. Any ideas?

knight_sephiroth

Hi there,
I recently did a post in Your Readings where I did a simple one card outcome pull for a few job applications I put in this month. For all jobs I asked "What will be the outcome for me in regards to gaining work at *insert company title* as *insert job title*."

I am kind of stumped because for one of the jobs (which is one I really was interested in) I pulled the 4 of Wands. To me, I felt that this could result in a job offer. I usually think pentacles are better to see when it relates to career questions, but I tend to read 4s as stability and moving to the next level. I've read others interpretations which usually say the 4OWs heralds a positive message or congratulations, breaking free of bonds, removing oneself from an oppressive situation, etc... All things that might suggest a job offer or at least an interview.

Well, I received a rejection letter this morning. I wasn't called in for an interview. Now I'm not really sure how the 4OWs relates in my situation. Any ideas?

I agree for the most part--but the four of wands can also indicate stability / stable house. Perhaps they changed their mind about hiring, or they found the person that fit quickly and they've already established the newly "married" arrangement.

Barleywine

There's a reason the 4 of Wands is titled "Completion" in some decks: it's gone as far as it can on the original impulse (coming from the Ace of Wands) and has reached a state of inertia implying sufficiency, at least for the moment. It suggests that the company you applied to is saying "Thanks, but we have all we need at present." Their goal - but not yours - has been met, so it's time for you to move on. Lately, in certain contexts I've been seeing the 4 of Wands (at least in the RWS version) as the querent "on the outside looking in." The celebration is someone else's.

QueenOfTemperance

Thanks so much for your insights knight_sephiroth and Barleywine, but I'm honestly still pretty stumped. Perhaps my question wasn't specific enough? I try to shy away from asking a general "What's the outcome?" because the card pulled can relate to so many different aspects or people involved in the question. To me, it's too vague. I tried to be more specific by asking how this outcome relates to me and to getting the specific job I applied for.

In this case, I guess I can see the "outside looking in" scenario or the state of inertia, but that still confuses me because I would think that message would be stronger if the card was reversed or if I was too general with my question. I'm struggling to see when would it make sense to read it as "the celebration isn't yours" or that they've found someone else that would fit quickly - Sorry but I'm still having a hard time grasping this card in this situation.

knight_sephiroth

Thanks so much for your insights knight_sephiroth and Barleywine, but I'm honestly still pretty stumped. Perhaps my question wasn't specific enough? I try to shy away from asking a general "What's the outcome?" because the card pulled can relate to so many different aspects or people involved in the question. To me, it's too vague. I tried to be more specific by asking how this outcome relates to me and to getting the specific job I applied for.

In this case, I guess I can see the "outside looking in" scenario or the state of inertia, but that still confuses me because I would think that message would be stronger if the card was reversed or if I was too general with my question. I'm struggling to see when would it make sense to read it as "the celebration isn't yours" or that they've found someone else that would fit quickly - Sorry but I'm still having a hard time grasping this card in this situation.

Maybe it's also assuming rejection from the place should show up as a negative thing? What if it's better that you don't work there? Hmm..

Drugelis

Maybe they will contact you again about another opening that you qualify for.
It's happened to me in the past. They hired someone else, when funding for another position got approved I got the call.
Also like was said- perhaps it's better not to work there in the first place and you are being spared from a certain scenario at that job.

Amanda

Maybe the answer lies in the picture..

tarot_quest

First, I am very sorry about it, but as other said, maybe you will get something nicer elsewhere?

My idea is that 4 of wands represents the ''foundation'' that they where looking for. It is possible that you did not meet the requirements/qualifications to fit this job?

So 4 of wands is the foundation (what is required) here.

Hey it's a tough one! I would also have thought ''yes I will get in''

Adelante

One of the meanings of 4 of wands is 'home', so perhaps the card was implying that you'll stay at home, hence you'll not get the job. Does that apply in your case?

I started to see this card a lot once I quit my job and was forced to spend most of the time at home. I think it also might suggest a period when you need to get some rest, because there's nothing else you can do at the moment.

tarot_quest

I started to see this card a lot once I quit my job and was forced to spend most of the time at home. I think it also might suggest a period when you need to get some rest, because there's nothing else you can do at the moment.

That is interesting, I see the 4 of swords exactly this way. I am from the school of thinking that besides the general meanings of the cards, every reader has a personal twist on the cards