Tree Tarot (In Progress)

Debra

I left a message at the site. I wonder if your own handwriting wouldn't fit better with the art than using a professional font...

thorhammer

So you ARE doing the minors?!!! You have no idea of the scale of my happy dance right now! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm a pretty crappy reader when it comes to Majors . . . Minors are my thing, so YAY!

\m/ Kat

ETA: Debra has a great point. Have you seen Chronata's Minute Deck? Her own handwriting was so perfect for the cards!

adriayna

Yes, I did see Chronata's minute deck. I do like the idea of handwriting, but mine is really awful! I posted an updated possible border--trimmed down majorly. What do people think of that instead of the purple with scrolls? Its just a plain black:

http://www.artisticjourneys.blogspot.com/

adriayna

thorhammer said:
So you ARE doing the minors?!!! You have no idea of the scale of my happy dance right now! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm a pretty crappy reader when it comes to Majors . . . Minors are my thing, so YAY!

\m/ Kat

Yes, I am! I have been working on the wands this week before school starts up and my progress slows down. I've just finished the first four, but they aren't quite "done" yet. These were so fun! I'll post pictures in a few days once I'm more satisfied with them :).

Debra

I like it better than the purple.

thorhammer

Gah! I'm so sorry to be all "no, not that, or that, or that :eek:" but I've just got the MerryDay with its black borders and they wear so badly! It makes them look really shabby! Not black, please! :heart:

\m/ Kat

Little Hare

it makes your art stand out but as thorhammer says black borders wear so quickly, that's one of the reasons why i don't use my world spirit tarot as much, the black borders wear something awful.

Are you set on having borders?

6 Haunted Days

Oh wow! I absolutely love your Tree tarot so far, it's just gorgeous and evocative. I for one would be 1st in line to buy it :) I'm a huge lover of trees as well, I think of them as some of my dearest friends! Sorry it took me so long to find this thread.

Bravo adriayna you are quite talented with a great vision, keep it up! :D

Debra said:
I wonder if your own handwriting wouldn't fit better with the art than using a professional font...

This is an excellent suggestion and idea Debra, I heartily 2nd it! :)

Star-Willow

I don't know how I missed this thread either???

I would be 2nd in line (right behind my sweet friend 6HD) to get this deck :)

I love the purple border, purple is my fave colour but it really goes well with your artwork :)

Congratulations on bringing this gorgeous work to light :heart:

pippi

I like it much better without the swirly borders. But I prefer the font in purple rather than white.

Have you considered having no borders? Less is more! :D I'm thinking of a style like the Buckland Romani ... or the Bohemian Gothic, which has a small border on the bottom only.

Whatever you decide, I'm already in line to purchase the deck!