Barometer of Fate Pros & Cons Spread

Barleywine

Here's a basic "pros-and-cons" decision-making spread that makes use of the ideas of "shadow" cards dealt from the bottom of the deck (the "cons" input) and of sub-quintessence cards that combine to produce a "Decision" quint as final "Yes, do it" or "No, don't do it" advice. I will add this to my spread index.

Attachments

• New Barometer of Fate Pros & Cons Spread.pdf
    44.5 KB · Views: 453

Michellehihi

This spread is very detailed and serious! I will try it for a very difficult decision I have to take. Thank you!

Barleywine

This spread is very detailed and serious! I will try it for a very difficult decision I have to take. Thank you!

Note that I just updated the spread to add a comment about using a second deck for the quints if the calculated cards already appear in the spread. Good luck with it! I haven't tried it out yet, it's new as of this morning.

Michellehihi

Note that I just updated the spread to add a comment about using a second deck for the quints if the calculated cards already appear in the spread. Good luck with it! I haven't tried it out yet, it's new as of this morning.

Oh that's a good idea! I'll work with 2 decks then.
Could it be an oracle deck?

Barleywine

Oh that's a good idea! I'll work with 2 decks then.
Could it be an oracle deck?

Maybe if the oracle cards have numerical values that can be related to the quintessence calculation. It might not be a good fit, but it can't hurt to try.

Michellehihi

So I am doing the spread now. A question: for calculating the quint card you don't count the Court cards, right?

Barleywine

So I am doing the spread now. A question: for calculating the quint card you don't count the Court cards, right?

It depends on how you view it. Since the court cards are part of the reading for all other purposes, I can't see excluding them from the quint. I just consider them 11 through 14 and throw them in. Sometimes I do it both ways and see which gives me a better fit for the narrative. (My Super Bowl prediction was a good example of this.) The other thing I do is subtract reversals since that way I can keep the Fool as zero, and also get a reversed quint.

Michellehihi

Ok I finished the reading, and I am confused. Maybe you will read my thread that I will put now, in the reading sub forum, and comment?

Barleywine

Ok I finished the reading, and I am confused. Maybe you will read my thread that I will put now, in the reading sub forum, and comment?

Since you're the beta-tester for this spread, I'll be happy to comment.