Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs Spread

Naomi_Ink

It might be interesting to create three spreads at once (one with just pips, one entirely with courts, and one with majors only), and then overlay them to get a kind of three-dimensional profile. That would increase the level of effort greatly, of course, but it would offer some really interesting insights. You might even create a "grand quintessence" by summing the three top-tier cards.

This is the kind of thing I am going to spend some time mulling over in my head, and try out some time. I love this idea. It excites me to see what may come of it. I'll make sure to post about how it goes.

PsychSuitsMe

Thank You

First of all, I just wanted to say Thank You for this spread! What a great idea and way to incorporate psychology into a spread. I plan to try it soon, when I have some time to devote to it. I'm fascinated with this idea.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone knows more about the connection between chakras and Maslow's hierarchy. I had never heard of them in relation to each other before.

I just so happened to be reading about Maslow earlier today. This article gives a nice overview of influences on Maslow's work, including "all the great world religions." Http://jaycollier.net/papers/spiral-self/Transpersonal-roots/

skinofthesoul

inside/outside columns

Let me just chime in very quickly to say that if you swap the numbers 3 and 4, the left-hand column is concerned with yourself and and your inside needs and the right-hand column is concerned with your surroundings and your outside needs. (I love this kind of duality.)

I'm totally going to try this, but need to have an hour of peace and quiet to myself so it may be a while before I get around to it.

Thanks for a brilliant spread
Anna~

DesertDream

i so have to try this! i was actually thinking of making a spread on it but this seems perfect! a former friend brought this up to me recently, I think this will offer great insight, thank you!