King of Cups repeating

Aeth

Hi all,

I've not been here for several months but something is picking at my brain and I wanted your opinions, or ideas.

My partner and I have been experiencing some difficulties in our relationship lately, and in the past week it's reached a bit of a crisis point - no one particular event, just certain things coming to a head. Each evening this week, I've pulled three cards for his state of mind, three for my state of mind, and one for guidance.

The King of Cups came up on his side every day for four days, and then came up as a guidance card yesterday. I can't always get my head around a court card and in this instance I'm really struggling.

Just for the record, I'm not relying upon the Tarot to solve anything and we are working through the issues that have come up together. I just could do with a little help. And five times? It must mean something...

laurence

First things first. Does he drink or use any substances?? Sorry about the question but (repeating)king of cups in my experience might indicate those kind of stuffs. Now I don't know what's going on within the relationship, KOC( water-earth so emotions and feelings keeping inside even if the body or upper world pretend to keep control) is someone respectful for me.
If ill dignified, he might appear as a tyran or manipulative. Do you know what is his background, his childhood, past, any unfinished business?

Aeth

Definitely no substance abuse, he only ever has the one drink.

I think where you said 'emotions/feelings keeping inside' is on the mark. He's been very homesick but through talking we've realised that the homesickness is more of a general unhappiness that's found a focus.... if that makes sense. (Five of Cups appeared early on and I thought 'definitely!')

As for childhood/past, I think there are issues around his father. I believe he feels or has felt resented by his father, who I consider to be a manipulative and selfish man, who frequently insults me to my face - a difficulty between us is that he won't stand up to his father for me. He describes himself as a 'mummy's boy' but panders to his father a lot more. So I do see him as a lot more easily manipulated than manipulative. I'm not sure that I see that with the King of Cups but maybe I underestimate his own strength?

laurence

So now, with these information given, King of Cups might represent his father and the underlying issues you both have to deal with ( It sounds like a cliché but It makes great sense here): A mature person is using emotional blackmail or knowledge to control one of you( subconsciously and It's so deep that It might be hard to get a bigger picture)
It's difficult but apparently It's the heart of the problem within the relationship.
Talk to your partner about that; do you honestly think King of Cups might me related to something else? If not, go straight to the point with him because as It's his father, it would be more difficult for him to accept where the problem is coming from than for you.

Does It make sense?

Maybe do a spread to help you to figure out how you can improve the relationship?