Donnaleigh: Who is My Dad? (Paternity).

Padma

Well, you did say in another Lenormand thread that you thought you were the best reader of Lenormands here at AT.

Maybe you should start a youtube channel? Cause I would love it if you would share what you know that makes you better than the others! ;) :laugh: Teach us, then :) Many of us would love to learn THE way!

DownUnderNZer

Have never said that at all Padma - not once.

Back up what you are saying by posting that thread.

Saying "Intermediate level" is not the same as saying I am the best nor saying something like at "the same level".

Trouble starts when things come out of a persons mouth that are not really true.

Back up your words with me saying: "I am the best".

Would even bet money on it.

DND :)

Well, you did say in another Lenormand thread that you thought you were the best reader of Lenormands here at AT.

Maybe you should start a youtube channel? Cause I would love it if you would share what you know that makes you better than the others! ;) :laugh: Teach us, then :) Many of us would love to learn THE way!

Padma

DND...I was having a bit of a laugh. I apologise if I came across too seriously, I did put smiles in there ;) Well, I guess *I* thought I was being funny, and humour is such a personal thing! I did come across a bit of a smart-***

You are a proficient reader, and have often said so, nothing wrong with that. By that I meant what you always say, that you were taught by two older ladies when young all the traditional ways.

Peace :love: and my apols! I was rather running with scissors last night!

I still think it would be great if those who know a lot about Lennie would share it on AT. :)

gregory

Hi there DND.

I learned from a handful of different resources - mainly from Malkiel (we miss you!!!) and Donnaleigh. I believe they spent a lot of effort on their videos and I, for one, appreciated every word, even if I disagreed sometimes on an interpretation or saw what I thought was a mistake. We each have our own styles and systems - whatever works for each of us. There is a wonderful reader named Fortune Buccholz (forgive me if that isn't spelled correctly) who says something like "there are no kipper police". I think that can be applied here too.

If you don't like how someone reads, maybe just ignore them. If someone's doing a reading for you, then I can see bringing it up. How would you feel if the shoe were on the other foot? None of us would ever have become professional readers if someone were hovering over us with a ruler. I read very much like Donnaleigh and none of my clients has complained. Honestly, I haven't carefully gone over your criticisms with a fine-tooth comb, and I am sure you have some valid points. I just felt that this was a little bit excessive.

What I was thinking as I was reading this thread was why did it seem to bother you so much? If you really want to, I believe you can contact her via YouTube. It's nothing personal DND. I believe Donnaleigh is a respected member of the Lenormand community and she doesn't seem to be around to defend herself.

Thanks for your time.
I kind of agree with this. If you don't like what she does - don't watch her vids.... There IS more than one way. Even with Lennies.

DownUnderNZer

AT use to have them I was told.

I came at a time when the warring was fizzling out (I believe), but so too did certain members.

Shame really....

DND...I was having a bit of a laugh. I apologise if I came across too seriously, I did put smiles in there ;) Well, I guess *I* thought I was being funny, and humour is such a personal thing! I did come across a bit of a smart-***

You are a proficient reader, and have often said so, nothing wrong with that. By that I meant what you always say, that you were taught by two older ladies when young all the traditional ways.

Peace :love: and my apols! I was rather running with scissors last night!

I still think it would be great if those who know a lot about Lennie would share it on AT. :)

DownUnderNZer

First time seeing her and probably the only time.

Do not need to see systems being mixed and vital points missed.

Deep breath in - deep breath out. :bugeyed:

Am sure those that know both systems and have done it for years would pick it up as well if they have the patience to sit it out for 40 mins.

I'm sure Donnaleigh is top notch with Tarot as I think that is her forte.

Different ways of reading is very true, but using WHIP as sex (French) and BEAR as female (German) in the same reading is not done.

Anyways, it was good to see what I had not seen before, it must have meant to be. Might look at other readers if they have vids too.

Rana George is not too bad from what I have seen so far, but would like to see more of her in action.

I kind of agree with this. If you don't like what she does - don't watch her vids.... There IS more than one way. Even with Lennies.

Teheuti

In defense and admiration of Donnaleigh. This is one of her earlier videos, I believe, as I think I remember it. In her enthusiasm, Donnaleigh started posting videos very early in her work with Lenormand. At first she was far looser and more intuitive in her interpretations. Many of her readings and experiments with techniques were heavily critiqued and discussed in depth in a couple of FB groups.

Over the years I've seen Donnaleigh admit mistakes and modify her approach becoming much more experienced and precise, especially with integrating tradition with modern methods. She practices a lot. She's seen the long term result of many readings. I admire her skill, dedication and commitment to revising and refining her approach based on concrete feedback. She's definitely learned from both her mistakes and the mistakes encountered in others through groups and forums.

I think you'll find her forthcoming book much more solidly based on what she's learned through study, trial, error and lots of feedback.

I've noticed that many people who write about Lenormand soon after being introduced to it will add all kinds of "innovations" to the system. They seem to want to make it their own, putting a unique mark on the field. Most who continue settle down and tend to establish a base that's closer to the original tradition. It works!

Padma

I love the Lens. I love how they speak to me. I even love it when I don't get it.

And Donnaleigh is a nice, positive and pleasant lady :) her dedication and her courage to carry on and share her enthusiasm (and her learning!!) in the face of online naysayers (on any site, not talking about just AT) is formidable. That is grace! :love:

Debra

This is interesting and confirms my sense that Lenormand readings are quite rule-bound.

DND's critique seems informative. Perhaps the reader has modified her approach with experience, and if so, she might note that on the page, or remove the video completely. Public reaction to public videos is only to be expected.

Padma

That was a very good counter-weight, Debra! It is always good to see things from both sides, and you have a point there.