Dreaming Way Tarot Question

TarotBeader

I am a collector of many different types of tarot decks, and was drawn to the artwork of The Dreaming Way tarot deck. After spending some time going through all of the cards a few times I realized that YES, I DO love this artwork! But it is perhaps a bit too simply done for serious tarot reading. Some of the cards are spot-on, and get to the point with a mere glance. A glance from the character or from you? Take your pick. This deck is freakily sneaky that way. Some cards are a bit juvenile, like the High Priestess. But I enjoy the artist's use of pastels juxtaposed with the odd patterns and mixed up with the tongue-in-cheek sense of humor. So here, finally, is my question: What's up with the three of pentacles? That one threw me off balance, and then out of the ring completely. I don't get it. Anyone???

Nemia

I have this deck and I LOVE it. It reads surprisingly well. The detached, well dressed teenagers on these beautiful watercolour images reveal more than I expected.

I read a lot with it, and all the readings were good, spot-on, and reached into depths where wouldn't have believed this deck can go. I don't know why but this seeming simplicity works for me.

Le Fanu

I never feel that I'm quite the target public ( detached well dressed teenager as Nemia puts it). But I do think that this is a very beautiful deck. I love the contemporary, illustrative feel. It feels like a proper 21st Century deck but still aloof and mysterious. I have to confess that The Moon card - a very critical care for me - kills it a little. I love the other 77 cards (not sure about jeans in The Lovers though) but The Moon is a card that needs to have something unhinged and lunatic and this moon is a bit too librarian for my tastes... Lovely deck though.

feynrir

[...] I have to confess that The Moon card - a very critical care for me - kills it a little. I love the other 77 cards (not sure about jeans in The Lovers though) but The Moon is a card that needs to have something unhinged and lunatic and this moon is a bit too librarian for my tastes... Lovely deck though.

I think anthropomorphizing a lobster and making him dance with you is a quiet kind of loony. Playing with the creature from the depths! Taking him on by the claws! I feel it fits the deck; it's just a lot more subtle than most Moon cards. :)

crystalrose

I recently bought the Dreaming Way and I like it! it reads well, like a storybook. And I love the color palette, very soft and dreamy. I agree the Moon is kind of bland. But the Card that bugs me more is the Star. She's wearing an apron! I don't get any of the usual meanings of hope, healing, faith from that image.

Nemia

Yes, Star and Temperance resemble very much, and this dilutes the meaning of each card. I agree, it's among the Achilles heels of the deck.

Cocobird55

I've had this deck for a while. I love it! The readings are very clear.

If you want more info about the strange clothes, google hanbok.

SilentBreeze

I recently bought the Dreaming Way tarot on a whimsy because I felt that the artwork was very different then what I had seen before. I just read the reviews on AT and they are pretty negative. I have not tried reading with the deck yet.

There are certain cards I really like and others I really don't like. I do like the modern looking cups and all of the Aces. But there are a few cards --- many of those mentioned are a bit off for me...not what I envision for those cards at all. The three of pentacles for example. The outfits are very strange... The sun is another pet peeve card. I will have to see how it reads but I'm glad some others had a good experience with it.