The Jean Dodal deck: High resolution scans

Greg Stanton

Are the cards being printed on white, or off-white stock?

eltarot78

Unfortunately I do not get roles in a cream or bone, but I've given a layer of color at the bottom giving the appearance of old, rest assured, is not white.

Bernice

Just a question Eltarot, please can you confirm that this is the full 78 card deck.

Bee :)

eltarot78

For now, are the 22 Major Arcana, the Minors are still in process of restoration.
Dodal not simple, there are many mysterious lines and try to respect as much as possible "errors" committed by this monsieur.
these "errors" are included, apparently badly drawn lines, but not affecting the image at a first impression. Just watching them closely and with a magnifying glass, the you may see.

Moonbow

But your post (5) says you are doing the minors as well. I was under the impression you were selling a full 78 card deck for €33, am I wrong?

eltarot78

Moonbow pardon, the confusion is possibly my bad English or to leave things for granted and not have real questions, I kept silent when the 22's had closed, with even minor'm working, given the expectations and requests rate the possibility of a special edition of only 22, but if you prefer, continue until the 78th as I had always planned.

Then leaving the record straight and resuming the opportunity, there are really interested in a game of 22?

Moonbow

Looks like it was just me who didn't know this as you seem to have a list of interested people.

I wish you well and will continue to follow the progress of your deck with interest. :)

Bernice

Yes, I'll wait for the 78 cards :)

Bee :)

Yves Le Marseillais

22 Cards Order And Also Another For Remaining Cards

eltarot78 said:
Moonbow pardon, the confusion is possibly my bad English or to leave things for granted and not have real questions, I kept silent when the 22's had closed, with even minor'm working, given the expectations and requests rate the possibility of a special edition of only 22, but if you prefer, continue until the 78th as I had always planned.

Then leaving the record straight and resuming the opportunity, there are really interested in a game of 22?

Salute ElTarot,

I am ready to order from you a 22 cards deck in first instance and ... his complementing cards (i.e 56 Honours and Minors of course) as to get a complete full deck.

This for encouraging you and for my pleasure of course.

Of course I will buy jean Claude Flornoy coming soon own edition of this Dodal because I like to compare your different ways and work.

My hobbit is to collect Historical tarot of marseille pattern decks and i am very satisfied to see that a "newcomer" like you and both an experienced man as jean Claude flornoy are willing to disseminate this old patterns.

I estime that about 8 Historical TdM decks deserve to be reproduced/restored/Fac similed.

Please informs me when you have decided of your price (plus shipping for France) about 22 cards version in first instance and later 56 remaining cards.

Yves Le Marseillais

eltarot78

the list then begins con 4

Hi Yves, only need 15 orders to fill a total production of 25, understand that a smaller number is more costly still, in which all production costs are completed. A friend of Spain commissioned me 2, a forum co-commissioned by PM me, and you join with his 4, who are funding this modest company
(I understand that despite my efforts, the project remained a handmade), with 11 more orders that are confirmed and the project continues.

For now, those who had ordered, not what others may think according to the proposal as his comments in this thread
if
Solsionnach
Uwe
Rafaël
conversus
Le Fanu
Kathy
Strange2
Prudence
Please do not sit on the commitment, is only to make things clear and give way to the first edition numbered only 0025.

I give its approval, printing starts.

I also hope the version of Jean Claude, has done an outstanding job, I explain when I saw his version on the Internet at a forum of History, I panic, I felt the feeling of a father when he sees a small child in the middle of the street until that recognition was not my son, haha, was a great fright, anecdote aside, I am eager to read a Dodal "Complete", lately read with my Dodalcito and my old J-C (ed 1997jaja).

Yves, I really am encouraged and is a pleasure to give pleasure and to all who like real TdM.

What are your favorite covered other 7? I would like to know, several years working on other projects, but preferably embark on this, and there is still a great stretch to navigate.