Storing Decks?

MadeiraDarling

What do you use to store your decks? So far I've just been keeping them in the boxes they've come with (and for some of the old decks I've had since I was a little girl just loose which is a bad idea). I keep a rider-waite deck in a pocket of my purse most of the time.

Cocobird55

I have most of my decks in bags, and those are in baskets. The decks I'm currently using are on my desk.

Eric in NJ

I try to keep the original packaging, however it was done (tuck box or boxed set), as close to mint as possible. Tuck box cards stay in their tuck box, boxed set cards stay in their set.

When traveling, tuck box cards stay in the box, and box set cards go in a drawstring pouch, and then back in the box when home.

Eric.

Barleywine

At home I keep them in a miscellany of small boxes, mostly unpainted wooden ones with brass hinges from Michaels, although I have a few old candy tins and greeting card tins I use as well. When doing readings away from home , they travel in their original boxes carried in a small zippered toiletry bag made of either vinyl or fabric. Those hold four or five standard size decks and a few incidentals.

kalliope

I have many decks still in their original tuck boxes, but for many and especially the ones I use the most, I've purchased tarot bags for them. Then I save the box elsewhere, usually flattened/deconstructed.

Tarot boxes that have lift-off tops I often continue to use as they are. If I want to use a box-set tarot with any regularity I will definitely take it out of the larger outer box and into a tarot bag, as I find those a pain to be opening up all the time. I love the Lenormand and pocket tarot decks that come with tins!

Then I have a few square or rectangular baskets that I put on my bookshelves, intermingled with my books, and the decks are stacked in those. Easy to access, and tidy!

lantana

Right now my decks are in a shelf, either in their original boxes (if it's a nice sturdy one or a tuck box that was made with some sense) or in deck bags that a dear friend likes to make for me (in exchange with readings, of course!) because me and sewing don't really get along.

When I have loose decks I either keep them on top of my altar (relatively safe) or wrapped in cloth until I can get a bag made.

mrpants

At home I keep them in a miscellany of small boxes, mostly unpainted wooden ones with brass hinges from Michaels, although I have a few old candy tins and greeting card tins I use as well. When doing readings away from home , they travel in their original boxes carried in a small zippered toiletry bag made of either vinyl or fabric. Those hold four or five standard size decks and a few incidentals.

About how many decks do those boxes hold? Looks like 2, maybe?

Barleywine

About how many decks do those boxes hold? Looks like 2, maybe?

The smaller ones hold a single standard-size deck, the slightly bigger ones will hold three and the largest one I've found (although I don't have one yet) looks like it can hold four or five. If I get too many decks into a single box, I forget what's where when I go to find one. I really need a labeling system.