How do you go about daily life with the tarot as a guide?

lesleybeez

For some time tarot (personal readings + professional readings) have been reading that myself and a close friend will be in a committed relationship. We aren't and I'm struggling balancing holding onto hope that what the readings read will manifest vs. letting go and releasing the attachment to this idea. How do you rectify these two things? How do you guys balance your readings with your wants and general living

Tanga

I don't look to my cards for my wants.
My wants - are for me to chase after if I can. And if I dare.

I use my cards as a guide, a mirror for my emotions to better understand myself, as an alternative view that I might not otherwise have thought of, as an injection of fun/comedy into my day, as a ritual for prayer (magick) and for before sleep.

You've been hanging onto the prediction that a relationship will materialise and it hasn't?
- well get into action, communicate with that person, and find out if that dreamt of relationship is a possibility.
if it isn't - move on.

Easier said than done - I know. But it's better than sitting on an agonising fence, whilst being in a false relationship with someone because you constantly have secret thoughts about them.
imo ofcourse.
Your mileage may differ.

:heart:

(in other words - you want an answer that has not arrived. So - make your own).

mary_leo

If some of my readings raised my anxiety, I would stop asking about it until something actually changes.
I would do general relationship readings.
Sometimes we need to remove our energy to let things flow.

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando Tapatalk

CharlotteK

I read mostly for myself and always ask open questions like "what do I need to know right now" or "what is influencing this situation" or "what might I consider doing / not doing to bring about a positive outcome."

And I treat the results as guidance / encouragement / discouragement / pointers - that I need to intelligently apply to the scenario.

So if I want something to happen, I can ask the cards what would be helpful for me to think or do to support that. But this is more a 'jumping off point' to give me some food for thought or inspiration or to encourage a different way of thinking about it.

I can't say I've ever received very explicit instructions from Tarot cards that I've followed to the letter to get a specific result. I'm sure others have though. Neither do I get very clear predictions but as I'm not looking for these or asking for them, that's not surprising.

Letting go of attachment to specific outcomes is a valuable practice imo and one I also subscribe to. Lots of things can impact and influence outcomes, and I don't believe Tarot presents us with a fait acompli but possibilities that may come to pass but equally may not.

However in entertaining the possibilities and opportunities and thinking more deeply about them - my experience is that Tarot is a very powerful tool in helping me understand better what my wants and needs are and what is in my power to act on.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

barefootlife

I'm with CharlotteK, I rarely ask for specific guidance, more like 'what do I need to know right now', 'how can I achieve a positive outcome for today' or 'what challenges am I facing'. These kinds of questions encourage me to be mindful and proactive without promising anything concrete. If I want to ask a specific question about a person or situation, usually I try to phrase it in such a way that requires me to take the onus of responsibility/action/non-action (what can I do to improve/change X situation, basically).

Maru

I use Tarot as a study of life and my core reflection. My intuition trumps Tarot when needed, and if there's an "itch to scratch" as to whether something is off or my BS meter is going off, then that's when I use it. If my meter is going off and something feels wishy washy, then I tend to hold off on finishing the reading and allowing more things to manifest. Usually it's something not yet settled in the balance... just because a card pops up in a position does not mean it's fully manifested and knowing the difference is the difference between true fortune-telling and guessing... usually ends up being correct. Readings don't complete themselves at every seating, and I don't expect this of myself, and so I think tend to read things as a work in progress, the flow of life being studied. I don't believe in being absolutionist about reading outlooks and I feel one should never conduct themselves that way when looking for both deep answers to matters of life AND an accurate outlook... it's either down or forward... you either go deep, or forward, but one at a time, not at the same time... looking inward or outward (to my other relationships). For the most part, I read inward, but when I read outward it gives me extra oomph because I'm not overly encumbered by energies and situations manifesting on the outside... I'm more focused on how my own "ping" affects this and that... so I notice my outcome readings tend to ring more true to their nature than false. It's often a complex outcome though... sometimes outlook is just an obstacle cleared, it's not a 'true' fortune-telling... i.e. we won't spoil the plot, but you're about to pass this point and wink wink--nudge nudge--what would make sense to happen after that point?... is usually the way I read outcome cards.

Reason this is important, focusing inward... we do a lot to self-defeat ourselves in terms of actually obtaining our most important desires. So it's important to keep that in check in terms of intuition. For example, the hardest path may very well bear more fruits, but when most people are reading, they are looking for the 'easiest', 'most comfortable' setting in which to achieve this by default (per our own conditioning)... as such, I think self-readings are generally successful when we accept the hardest fought conclusions may not pan out and that those objects may be out of our favor if we are not willing to fight. Hell it may be an issue of you can't overcome this, because of some habit to over-analyze situations, or even this relationship finally breaking away some of the concrete of your worst, most detrimental habits. So that may be all the positive outcome really was. A new relationship with the self (Lovers). As such... it may change your outlook entirely... especially if you can tell whether the cards have left planet "you". I usually ask with relationship readings... "Did we leave our own atmosphere?" ;) when first opening up the CC. i.e. is the focal point of the situation on me or them? Because I want revealing answers, not functional storylines or unsolidified outcomes. If we're focusing inward we start there and usually takes a few CC's before we get into about what will manifest in a situation... either way, I trust my intuition enough to tell me where the cards are leading me and I use reversals to show "holes" in the situation I need to channel more information on when feeling lost... not true reversals. Otherwise, they're part of the reading's humorous banter part of daily readings when in communication.

For example, Lovers may be a great card for some to get out in outcome... for me, it's a true fork and it's one thing sacrificed to achieve what's best for the self. I always ask, is this "on path" or is this where I take my exit? That sacrifice may not be reciprocal, i.e., it may not be worth it all said and done... so while the reading and reality may seem to correlate at the time of reading, it may be that subconsciously we sabotage the outcome too, since we know somewhere it is not ultimately right for us, as some sort of all-important sacrifice would have to be made...

I honestly don't know how to put this up better than that, but I think reading for oneself is a great use of Tarot. In fact, it's 98% of my usage. Easily. Even when I read others, I want it to be pointing inward so I can enlighten myself in terms of what my intuition is saying and just focus on trusting that because that usually yields better results. I hardly care about outcomes, so they come on their own as needed, and as the cards don't bother wasting my time with things that aren't true to form. I notice more often they come out to be what they say in the cards... if we force an outcome reading too soon, we are unintentionally adding in my own strong (and often self-focused) ambitions into the situation, which almost always ruins fortune telling readings imo.

Either way, YMMV may vary depending on your relationship with the cards, but this is how I function as a reader. I almost never read relationships until I get an itch. It usually just leads to bored analyzing of an otherwise mundane situation. Unless I'm wanting to practice a new reading technique.

Farzon

Reading for myself I often find my hopes and fears entering the cards and the outcomes can't be trusted anymore. I have come to different solutions for that:

If I'm afraid of life for whatever reason, I won't do open readings for the next day. I'd rather ask for encouragement like "what will be great today?".

Regarding highly emotional readings, I prefer to let others read for me.

On a weekly basis, I read about my potentials to get constructive and useful guidance for the week.

On a daily basis (whenever possible) I like to do readings in the evening and ask what I can learn from the day that has passed. This gives me reflective answers about my behavior, my environment or even philosophical answers about life in general.

Tanga

Reading for myself I often find my hopes and fears entering the cards and the outcomes can't be trusted anymore. I have come to different solutions for that:

If I'm afraid of life for whatever reason, I won't do open readings for the next day. I'd rather ask for encouragement like "what will be great today?".

Regarding highly emotional readings, I prefer to let others read for me.

On a weekly basis, I read about my potentials to get constructive and useful guidance for the week.

On a daily basis (whenever possible) I like to do readings in the evening and ask what I can learn from the day that has passed. This gives me reflective answers about my behavior, my environment or even philosophical answers about life in general.

Ditto this.

Just wanted to say thanks Farzon! - I hadn't thought of that question: "What will be great today?" - Duuughhh. :joke: :joke:

Ebony

What's interesting about the issue you are having is that by reading or receiving readings about a topic you may actually be altering your behaviors (It's like you now knowing that the cards suggest that this is going to happen may be changing your behaviors, which could cause the result to change). Just something to keep in mind about prophecy readings, they are dangerous if you rely on them as the knowing of something can alter your behavior, which can alter the result.

I personally don't read for prophecy too much, and when I do I just take it with a grain of salt. If I want or don't want something I just focus on what I can do to make it happen (or not happen). I don't have a problem with reading for prophecy, but I wouldn't rely on it. It would just be something extra to ponder and consider.

For the things that I really want or am really not okay about, I usually try to avoid doing readings on them as I don't want to get twisted in knots. I would rather just do what I can and only read on them when and if I am ready to accept whatever the answer may be, as that is when I will see it most clearly. If I try to read before I am ready often it just doesn't come out well or may not have the best result on my motivation. (Though I may use readings to beat around the bush to try to get to the point where I am okay with the situation instead of trying to go straight to it.)

Tarot, along with oracle cards, can be good for philosophizing, considering alternative perspectives, and things of that nature. I mostly use it for that. Not so sure I would call it a guide as much as a tool.

Schmendrick

I agree with earlier posters -- I don't like to ask the cards "what will happen" or "will I get together with X, yes or no?" I prefer to look at Tarot as a means of self-reflection, and as a way to offer new ways to look at a situation. The cards are a tool to help us access our intuition, and our intuition does the rest.

I don't know the details of what's happening with your friend, but I personally don't think you should rely on the cards to predict what will happen there. Might be time to embrace your inner knight and just go for it, even if things don't go perfectly. Maybe you could try asking your cards how you can approach the situation, or you could do a general relationship reading and ask how you can make yourself available to a new relationship?

Here's a link to an article on powerful questions from biddy tarot that I found to be helpful in shaping my questions to the tarot.

https://www.biddytarot.com/the-art-of-asking-powerful-questions/