Tree of Life - Hod

jmd

Qabalah - Tree of Life - Hod

This Sefirah, the lowest on the left-hand pillar, has often been connected with Mercury and the intellectual capacity of intelligence (Intelligence, it should be remembered, is another translation of this pillar's 'highest' sefirah, Binah).

On the left-hand pillar, then, we have, in ascending order, the Splendor or Glory, Awe or Strength, and Intelligence or Understanding - certainly seemingly similarly qualitative aspects of one type/kind, with increasing levels of insightful depth.

For myself, I place IIII the Emperor and XIIII Temperance therein - though, of course, the Kabbalah and the Tarot remain independent.

AmounrA

The sephiroth Hod, is represented by the eights in the thoth deck.
8 wands-swiftness, 8 cups- Indolence,8 swords-Interference and 8 disks-Prudence.

In an early meditaion on this sephiroth, I saw golden dombs illuminated from a low lying golden sun. The dombs where on the roofs of buildings, temples of education, learning, geometry. A golden city, layed out with logic and thought. At its centre, [feed by eight roads] was a large polished glossy black pyramid [possiblly siloetted]. Glorious is very much a word to describe the impressions burnt in me , about this sephiroth! Golden Splendour. O' Hod, Hod, glorious Hod !

Using the paths notion, Hod is linked to 5 other sephiroth.

Malkuth, Yesod, netzach[with which Hod has an important balance- thinking and emotion] , Tiphareth and Geburah. Many diverse directions!

The golden dawn card attributions for these linking paths are-malkuth..aeon, Yesod..sun, Netzach..Tower, Tiphareth..Devil, and Geburah.. Hanged man.

lupo138

AmounRa; This was a guided meditation, wasn´t it`?
What do you mean with "dombs" ?`

Hod: A sphere of fire/sun/gold. Knowledge. Dragons. If you walk there, you will usually walk the path of Judgement.
This Sephiroth seems to be obviously male - anyway it is on the pillar of severity. I did not understand this until this very moment and am still not understanding it.

AmounrA

It was about 10 years ago, and was a guided meditation, within a group. The dombs where like the ones on st.pauls , some more eastern in look. The images from hod where not in the guides words. We were all doing these meditaions [seperately as pairs, then combining results into more 'powerful' pathworking studies.

lupo138

must have been a wonderful experience. How far did you go ? Beyond Tiphareth ?

AmounrA

I have just realised [or been told, thanks JMD], that Dombs is not how you spell Domes! I can see where your confusion came from:)

It went all the way into the abyss, Stunning and completely unforced all the way...then came 'interference'. After two hours of sheer mind-numbing feeling running through me, 'I' started to push, and the trance HAD to be broken. This was one of my first experiences with the Qabalah, and it left its mark. I have never seen the world the same again, in regards to their being a bigger player very close by, unseen in the fabric of life. It was going through hod, where it all really took off.......Super-magi-kabalistic-experimenti-rose-us :)

lupo138

ok, with "domes" I do understand far better :)
I think it is quite daring to go directly into the abyss and - man ! - 2 hours....
I have never tried to go into the abyss, but surely will one day. Anyway this will take so´me time - I just traveled to Yesod, Netzach and Hod, only the paths directly from Malkuth.

L.

AmounrA

"I think it is quite daring to go directly into the abyss and - man ! - 2 hours....
I have never tried to go into the abyss, but surely will one day. Anyway this will take so´me time - I just traveled to Yesod, Netzach and Hod, only the paths directly from Malkuth. "

To be honest it might not have been the real abyss, how can you tell? I remember in those days being fascinated by the abyss, it could well have been my own sub-conscious generating it's model of what the abyss should be. (A rational mind would say that’s exactly what it was, fortunately, life isn't rational :)

In some decks, behind Diana on the temperance card, there is a shinning ( rider Waite has it). I have always thought this shinning was coming from Hod, and use it as a visualisation trigger (i.e. I visualise the card, then walk up the path, over the horizon and 'to the city of Hod' . A rising orange sun rising over the city can be focused on rising into yellow, Golden brilliance-- Tiphareth. From this shinning brilliance a figure can appear, a guide)