RWS Magician - table edge

Teheuti

I conceded on the edge and used the four Alchemical symbols for the elements
Really wonderful work, tarotbear!

BTW, DIN, meaning Justice, is an alternate name used for the left pillar of the Tree of Life - the Pillar of Severity. That leg of the Magician's table is Black. The leg nearest the Magician is not shown, but I assume it is white and represents the Pillar of Mercy. Therefore the Magician's table represents the temple within which the Priestess is found. The Magician is in the garden in which the Priestess' temple is found.

tarotbear

Thank you for the input!

Today, however, I stitched the (downstage) leg in woodtones and black - there is really not much of the upstage leg showing to do much with it in the space left- although it would be right up against his white robe ... ??? I could outline it in white the way I outlined the other leg in black.

One does have to ask how much detail is really necessary for something as limiting as counted Cross-stitch in the 12" x 21" size this piece is - in a 4' x 8' painting it would be another story entirely.

tarotbear

As complete as it's gonna get!

Thank you, Teheuti, for the commentary about a Black and a White leg - but this is about all I can do to fit it into the space allowed - which is more space than Pixie ever had! LOL !!!

This is it! Done! No more color changes or putting the one Royal Blue stitch in the middle of nowhere! I have decided to leave the image alone - free from further interventions on my part. Next I will scroll the piece up and stitch the title at the bottom, add my initials and the year - and 'Homage to Pamela' will be completed!

Attachments

• RWS 121.JPG
    RWS 121.JPG
    273.8 KB · Views: 177
  • RWS 122.JPG
    RWS 122.JPG
    253.1 KB · Views: 153

Teheuti

How fabulous. Wish I had your talent and perseverance. Great job.

tarotbear

Done

"Homage to Pamela" was completed today! It is 12" wide and 22" long; it took 10 weeks to complete.

I hope Pamela is happy with it.

Attachments

• RWS 135.jpg
    RWS 135.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 153

tarotbear

Framed!

I picked 'Homage to Pamela' up from Michael's Crafts today - ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!

Attachments

• RWS 140.jpg
    RWS 140.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 172
  • RWS 141.JPG
    RWS 141.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 155

Teheuti

These are the four classical elements associated with the four directions (four sides of the table) and the four suits, that are referenced in magical workings. If you want the rest of the elements found on a periodic table you will find most of them on the Thoth Universe card (featuring an early 20th century-style table of the elements).

agent199

That is the most beautiful craft project I have ever seen.

tarotbear

Thank you very much! :)