"How to" create a Tarot deck

RiccardoLS

I think there is a huge difference between doing decks, and doing decks for Lo Scarabeo.

As You may have noticed, LS has not submission guidelines, and I would be hard pressed thinking out any logical set of suggestions or requirements.
Currently LS is looking more for art than for Tarot expertise, and again not really for Tarot art, but rather for the broader skills of professional artists. With very few exceptions, the LS decks are conceived in-house.

Again, with very few exceptions... to make a submission to LS, the best chance cames from a more "marketing" aware approach. Cynical me, but gothic, angels, cats, wiccan and fairyes themes usually trump any other concept.

But... luckily there are exceptions. ^_^
(got to go now, I'll reprise later)

I will ask permission to share her (and possibly facebook) the creation process of a single deck (mine or by someone else) if you think it could be interesting.
Also, I would like to ask moderators if it's ok to them... as it would end up being kind of blatant (but not direct) advertisment to a deck.

Ric

Alta

I will ask permission to share her (and possibly facebook) the creation process of a single deck (mine or by someone else) if you think it could be interesting.
Also, I would like to ask moderators if it's ok to them... as it would end up being kind of blatant (but not direct) advertisment to a deck.

Ric
You can do that in Creation (links), as long as it is about the process of creating a deck. Clearly most deck creation is at least indirectly about advertisement. :)

Alta

Pen

Ric

Are you kidding?! Yes please!

Pen

HOLMES

wow

thanks riccardols,, and also alta ,, i look forward to reading the process :)

AJ

I'm very appreciative of you taking the time to share the story behind the story of the Legends deck.

And I swoon at the mention of Paolo Martinello, and look forward to images in the Deck Creation thread.
Thank you.

gregory

Ric

As you know ;) I would LOVE this - can you make sure it is public and so accessible to non facebookers pretty please - and thanks for starting this thread. Can you add something more on structure - or should that be on a different thread, do you think ??? As you also know, I have great difficulty with that side of it.

ETA never mind; just saw your OTHER thread. Thanks, Ric - this is great stuff, and very interesting.

Metal Queen

Inspiration

It's always a pleasure to read the stimulating and often highly instructive ideas from fellow Tarot enthusiasts and creators.
I myself have been working on the creation of a Tarot deck over the past several years and can say from experience that once the theme ( unifying concept ) has been established,the rest is a marriage of inspiration and work.Truly rewarding!
My Tarot cards are acrylic on canvass paintings and I recently got them all on a website after getting help with the technical side of things. I am excited about the idea of finally sharing my art with Aeclectic Tarot in the near future,as it's great that this opportunity exists for the benefit of artists who share this passion,as well as all people who enjoy different interpretations of the Tarot.

raimorrison

thanks for sharing this, i'm right in the midst of writing my first deck!
It is definitely a good guideline to stick by, but I also have noticed that some of my cards already have a thread of a concept going through them even though I am trying to fit the characters and events into a RWT format. The suits start to have their own themes too, even though they are still unnamed.
I hope to keep in mind this post at all times, so that my deck wouldn't end up being "dull" :)